Author Topic: what happened to the ed scott interviews real full version ?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline rockrush69

• i want to live in a tipi and hunt for my food
    • facebook.com/flingahbows
what happened to the ed scott interviews real full version ?
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
About a year and a half ago I found on youtube the teue full version of ed scotts uncut interview . And there was alot more material than can be found now . About 75%has been cut ..... what happened to it . There was a full hour and a half or so long video last year i watched it . I look for it now and find three vids that are less than ten mins each . Skipping all kinds of stuff . Like the seminole cypress bow for instance ... which i am building right now and wanted a better look at it.  Help ?
JESSE "HALF CHEROKEE" RUSH
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline wood_bandit99

• Shoot straight my friends!!
Re: what happened to the ed scott interviews real full version ?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:59:43 pm »
No idea just finished watching them because I found them yesterday
Yew and osage, BEST. WOODS. EVER! Shoot straight my friends!!!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:22 pm »
I wached the vids a few times over the last couple of years but I don't know if I've seen the full vidio .
I would like to find the full uncut vidio that I could purchase .

Offline Traxx

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:10 pm »
Like the seminole cypress bow for instance ... which i am building right now and wanted a better look at it.  Help ?

What are your questions concerning this bow?I know the Bow and shot it several times.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 07:11:42 pm »
I was wondering the exact same thing I love watching that interview and seeing his amazing bows watched it probably 50 times either way think the true full version got taken down
I like osage

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »
I think the Profiles on Mr. Scott's bows are Awesome!
Almost like he has incorporated levers into his flat bows... or pretty near.

Never knew there was more than the three 10 minute vids.
Now I want to see more!    ???

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:14 am »
Well i have tons of cypress . I live and grew up really close to where ed scott grew up and there aint alot going on for bow wood around here . Cypress is one of the few . Black mangrove and live oak . And mulberry but you gotta get someone to let you cut on theyre fruit tree . Havent had the pleasure yet . And yes . I know citrus trees too . But again . Private property.  So.  Cypress is everywhere and i have a ruffed out long flatbow backed with cow sinew put on with knox glue . Its about five days in to the drying process (in doors) and im just researching . I know it may have been you that said you shot his bow and it was slugish so i made the tips smaller and no big diamond shaped tips on the tips but besides that i would like to know dimesions i guess . And im pissed its not viewable anymore . The three parts skip sooooo much !
The rabbit lost his tail cause the fox tricked him and told him to stick it thru the ice to catch fish he became stuck and the bear snatched him out by his ears leaving his bushy tail behind and streching his long ears... Cherokee story "how the rabbit lost his tail" :)

Offline Traxx

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:31:34 am »
Seems to me,it was about 68" long and 1.5" wide at grip area.It was 3/4" to 1" wide at the tips.It was not a very heavy bow,maybe 40 lbs er so.

I asked Ed why he hadnt narrowed the tips a bit and he said he was going for a authentic reproduction on that one.

Offline rockrush69

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 03:15:10 am »
Okay . Well cool . Thank you man . I will use those dimensions . My tips are already smaller.  But thats okay it will shoot better ...i have it 69 " so far ... so thats where i will keep it ... i understand why it was so light . Cypress is really very bendy and naturally slugish the piece i have is still an inch thick and it is bending alot already . Like alot . Like i could probably shoot it lol . Two inch wide and one inch thick !!! Bendy to say the least . Probably would have to makea short bow out of it for any power really

mikekeswick

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 03:27:37 am »
I've never used it but from how it sounds go narrower and thicker.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:11 am »
  Spider and Swampmonkey built one on here if memory serves me right. Do a search on cypress bow...
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;