Author Topic: traveling to texas from Alberta  (Read 1449 times)

Offline furdressing1

traveling to texas from Alberta
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:14:58 pm »
 I am thinking about driving from Alberta Canada to Dallas Texas around Jan 18 2014 to visit friends and was wondering what archery events might be scheduled at that time in the area. Looking to possably find some bow making material while I'm there, Osage etc. Can anyone give me info.
  Thanks
  Dale

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: traveling to texas from Alberta
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:09 pm »
If you happen to pas thru Rapid City,  SD, be sure to bring some blunts or arrows you feel like throwing around the woods and we can go out and do a round or roving stump shooting!  If all goes well, I will serve you a venison dinner before you head out on your way.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »
What rout will you take ? If you are going through Oklahoma I might could set you up with a few osage staves or maybe a log or two .

Offline furdressing1

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »
Thanks guys, we haven't set a route yet. My lady and I are going to try and take our time ( I have a bad habit of pounding my way through where ever I go and I'm attempting to stop that)! I sure appreciate the offers and you should know that I'm one of those guys that will actually show up if I can. As the time gets closer I will certainly let you know for sure.
Thanks
   Dale

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:47:16 pm »
Good enough.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.