Author Topic: Distractions...?  (Read 1314 times)

Offline bow101

Distractions...?
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »
I have been building a couple bows latley so far the bows seem to be coming together nicely.
I even floor tillered a selfbow with a hatchet..! One thing has changed..!  I don't turn on the radio when I'm in the garage,    ???  Mmmm wonder if that has anything to do with it.  At any rate I will continue to work without music. 
After all in primitive days they had no radios. ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline seabass

Re: Distractions...?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:02:28 pm »
no radios,but they may have had drums lol
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:47 am »
I've gotten to where I enjoy music while tillering bows but it is background music to my concentration and not center stage. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 01:24:14 am »
Personally I like it quiet in my shed when I begin to put the bends on a new bow.I want to hear the faintest tick a bow might make as it begins to be bent.Background music ai'nt so bad.Gotta be rock and roll though.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:33 am »
My music is anything from Mozart to The Blind Boys of Alabama to the Buena Vista Social Club to Neil Young, Carol King and the Almand Brothers, Lional Richie, James Taylor(the true JT); it is a pretty wide spectrum.  ;)     My wife is an artist and likes dead quiet while she works.
  Once I realized I had to slow down to be a successful bowyer background music has been an addition to my bow building kit.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC