Author Topic: Letchworth points  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Letchworth points
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:52 pm »
Here's couple I made this weekend at the Letchworth  Knappin. Also got to see some amazing knapping from some real talented knappers. Great weekend for sure. The dovetail has some blood red spots and not mine for a change. Pictures don't do the colors justice on some of the flint ridge materials,  thanks for lookin. Bob

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: Letchworth points
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:03:06 pm »
Good stuff Bob!
That FR dove is sick!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:14:12 pm »
Love the white point, is that quarts or milk glass
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »
Nice points.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 12:12:49 am »
Knapper, the all white lance blade is a pc of novaculite that I got from Steve Nissly, works real good if the heats right . Bob

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 05:41:54 am »
Them look good Bob! I'm kinda partial to that brown one  :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hunts with stone

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:15:12 am »
I was able to meet and see Bob in action. Nice work my friend and with some of it being done with the crack of wood billits next to him. You had nerves of steel to work side by side with us.look forward to seeing ya again Bob. Glenn

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:34:47 am »
Nice ones Bob,one of these days I'd like to do Letchworth and the Ridge.This is my first year to miss the Ridge in a long while.Have fun and lets see some more of your "killas"
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 02:32:33 pm »
Paul the brown one is some raw flint river, some of it worked real slick an some made ya work :( Glenn I had the spot with the best light an wasn't gettin scared off by alittle flying shrapnel and loud noises :o :o. Actually was pretty amazing watching you guys get a point or blade out of all that leaverite rock. The weather was just rite and the Nissly gang are great to hang with , Had a geat time, Thanks Steve.  Bob

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 03:51:42 pm »
You wouldn't be talking about me cracking wood billets and flying debris??? Seriously Bob I really enjoyed my time knapping and just being able to hang out and talk with u!! Than for showing me your flint and steel trick!! Great knapping too BTW.. all the hard rock I brought I made more gravel than anything but I was under the right tent and the company couldn't be better..thanks Bob, would like to hook up before winter maybe do some fluting..etc.. thanks too for the Nissley camp for the hospitality, Pete Davis, and Tom Dodge for making the journey .. looking forward to next time..hey Bob give me a shout when u can!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »
All very nice point Bob, thanks for making the coffee every morning. I had a great time this year was nice hanging with all of you. You all are welcome to have meals with us again just lets us know you are coming and we will work out the details.

It is pretty to cool to see the wooden billet and hard rock get some recognition. Keep swinging and you will get there Russ and Glenn. It really is about tonnage with that stuff.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 10:37:58 pm »
Drool...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr