Author Topic: Osage short bow  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Blaflair2

Osage short bow
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:15:35 pm »
This is where I'm at. The knot on the bottom limb is killing me. And the bottom limb has some natural reflex, so when I tiller it won't look even right?
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline BOWMAN53

Re: Osage short bow
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:58:00 pm »
This is where I'm at. The knot on the bottom limb is killing me. And the bottom limb has some natural reflex, so when I tiller it won't look even right?

reflex the other limb to match, only makes the bow better.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »
I'd like to. Just not confident I can. Also it's almost floor tillered and I don't wanna mess it up  :embarassed:
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:25 am »
Well if you don't want to match the other limb , then no it won't look right but
looks has nothing to do with being right,just tiller the bow so both limbs bend even taking in the fact that one is reflexed and the other isn't,the reflexed limb will look stiffer but really isn't so don't let that fool you in to getting it to light,also the knot area will need to be left a little stiff, It is much easier to tiller one if you even it up but not necessary to make a good shooting bow. Just keep in mind it ant a glass bow when looking at it ,it's not going to look prefect but that doesn't mean it isn't for the stave you are using. :) Have fun and slow as you go. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good