Author Topic: need some reassurance on a fix  (Read 8468 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: need some reassurance on a fix
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:31 pm »
Well, I've used leather punch-outs made to resemble knots for fixes such as this. Little leathers designs were glued down for fixes also. Use your imagination. Done half a dozen bows this way and none failed due to their fixes. Probably just the super glue is all that's needed. Who knows though. Good luck with it............Art

blackhawk

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »
I think were allowed to say nipples on here Art  ;)  ;D ... thanks for the info and images in my head now  :laugh:

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »
Most entertaining thread I've read on here lol  >:D
I like osage

Offline Roy

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 02:36:32 pm »
Maybe tear them splinters out and fill the crack up with silly putty! Then super glue over top and then the duct tape.  ;)

Offline dbb

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 03:27:42 pm »
Boa and python skins are unbelivably strong.
I have skinned a few and i use all my weight (200+lbs) and all my strenght to pull the skin off and i have never had one rip from a clean cut edge.
I would trust the snake without the rawhide,but thats me.

Edit: Im talking of snakes atleast 7-8' in lenght,i have a 15'+ burmese skin i wouldnt hesitate to use pulling a truck with!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:50:13 pm by dbb »
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

blackhawk

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 04:49:15 pm »
Maybe tear them splinters out and fill the crack up with silly putty! Then super glue over top and then the duct tape.  ;)

I think I'm gonna go with this advice...that's the best plan /idea I've heard all day...I'm heading to the shop right now to cook up that recipe...  ;D

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »
hi guys haven't been on for a while. been too busy with the bow business. I haven't heard a great fix yet, so i will mention. Did ya know dental floss works well with super glue. wrap the bow and it is transparent. If you like, Python, is the best if you have, for backing as it probably won't change the till.Also will put up with anything.lol I have found natural hides and boo are your best choice for osage, hickory is okay if the stave is near perfect. But Osage will overpower it, if there is an imperfection. this is my findings anyway. Denny

Offline Roy

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »
Don't be stealing the kids silly putty, Dad... :) Buy yer own.. Bring it to the shoot this weekend and I'll fix it for ya son..

blackhawk

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 08:10:23 pm »
Guess I'll have to take the pieces to show ya....as I took your advice and its now in pieces....I'm suing your @$$... :laugh:  I'll bring it if its not being sealed  and still alive... ;)

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:47 pm »
Glad to see you posting Chris, haven't seen anything from you in a while.  I learn something every time.  I'm working on a Blackhawk inspired molly right now and got about 75 shots through her but the jury is still out.
Thanks
DBar

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 10:37:48 pm »
If you use duct tape remember the sticky side goes down and two layers is better than one. Also be careful what finish you use over it as some will destroy the plastic coating.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 11:59:29 pm »
I woul try 2" diameter heat shrink tubing. Slide the whole bow in and hit it with yor heat gun. ::)
Steve Bennett

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:10 am »
I'm pretty sure with the handle on da wrong side if you spin her around and shooter backerds u'll be ok >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 07:15:43 am »
You guys are all kinds of help... ::) ..gee thanks  :laugh:

Cool bill...can't wait to see it :)

Offline Roy

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2013, 07:26:48 am »
So anyways, what did ya do with it last night?