Author Topic: Rain, rain ,rain  (Read 2175 times)

Offline okie64

Rain, rain ,rain
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:39:59 am »
This might be the wettest summer that I ever remember here in Oklahoma. It seems like everyday for the last 3 months the thunderstorms just keep rolling in. My grass is usually dead and gone by the end of July but not this year. Stepped outside and snapped a pic of this thunderstorm coming in yesterday evening but notice how green the grass is. Should make for a nice thick latewood ring on the trees for next year. Hows the weather around the rest of the country?

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Rain, rain ,rain
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:50:42 am »
I am wearing out a tractor and bush hog here in Alabama.  I can hear the grass growing!   More rain than I can ever remember.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:13:07 am »
I'm in central Va and we've had a fairly mild summer so far. We had a solid week of 95 degree days (a few weeks ago) but for the
most part our temps have been in the 80s which is very unusual for this time of year.
I'm hoping that the beginning of archery season will be cooler than normal.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:31:27 am »
Coulf yall pulleeeeze send that sky wayer down here to Texas , were kinda dry 4th year in a row.  :'(
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 11:24:53 am »
We've had the same in Central Florida. I think it's rained everyday since May and it's in the 80's when I go to work at 6AM.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 11:40:06 am »
We've had a mild(temperature wise) but wet summer so far this year. We had 10" in June. 22" in July and already half of our August days it has rained. Our total for the year as on now is over 72" and our yearly average for the last 20 years is about 72".
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 11:46:25 am »
We have had a pretty mild summer.  We only had a week in the 90's.  Last year we had around a month straight of 90's.  It's been wetter than normal also but not as bad as some of you guys. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Roy

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »
Here in SW Pa it's been a very wet summer. Couple of weeks ago it rained every day for two weeks. I'll take the rain over a drought though.

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 02:29:09 pm »
Wish you could send the storms up here to Iowa we have had like 2 storms all summer
I like osage

Offline bow101

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »
Since the end of July its been PerfecTTtttttttttttttt here in the Pacific North West.   Around mid to high Eighties, every day. Had some very,very muggy days early July... :P We got a couple drizzle days, like last nite, thats its.  A fine summer so far..  :)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline tallpine

• East Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 12:11:30 am »
Hot and dry here in east Texas, been over 100 everyday for the last two weeks, we will gladly take some of that rain off your hands

Offline Newindian

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 12:32:06 am »
Hot and dry here in east Texas, been over 100 everyday for the last two weeks, we will gladly take some of that rain off your hands
Same in central Texas, but we got a little rain, not enough of wet the roads but enough to get the humidity high
I like free stuff.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:55:13 am »
Yep the wettest and coolest I every remember in Mid.Tennessee. :) O well so far better than a drought. :) I am getting tired of cutting grass. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Polar Bear

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 02:18:50 pm »
Okie64 I'm with you.  I can't remember the last time I had to mow once a week.  I'm in OKC.  Where are you?  oh yeah, it just stopped raining about 30 min. ago.
When we do right no one remembers, when we do wrong no one forgets.

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 03:34:02 pm »
I'm in south western ohio, for a while there we were having rain every other day, the last couple weeks or so. I like it, but my basement and my guitars don't. The humidity sucks. I am in the ohio valley, so all the humidity ( as well as pollution) just gets stuck and won't leave.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair