Author Topic: Iowa corn lion!!!  (Read 4886 times)

Offline iowabow

Iowa corn lion!!!
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:33:12 pm »
We call him Bob......Annette took this picture this morning!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline stickbender

Re: Iowa corn lion!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »

Cool! 8)  I would call him Quiver. ;D  I would be very careful, if you have any house cats.  They,(Lynx, Bob Cats, etc.) will kill and eat them.  Pretty cool you got the photo.  I used to watch them, when I  hunted in the Big Cypress area.

Wayne

Offline wildman

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:37 pm »
Cool pic! We have tons around here never seen one that close to a house. They will sometimes stalk the ducks on our neighbors pond in the winter.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:59:33 am »
Choot! Choot!!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:30 pm »
Cool pic. I just picked up a big ol' tom hide Im making into a quiver some decade soon.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »
Good timely moment pic.BTW there are real lions in Iowa all over the state.The boys shot one 4 miles from my place.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »
Bobs aren't known for letting just anyone take a picture of them.  They tend to keep to themselves rather well. 

And yes, they will solve a cat infestation.  Or rabbit, turkey, etc... 

I have a couple bobcat skulls I collected years back.  Both had been killed and eaten by golden eagles.  Who woulda thunk a 12 lb bird could kill one of these wildcats?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 06:29:12 pm »
Bobs aren't known for letting just anyone take a picture of them.  They tend to keep to themselves rather well. 

I have a couple bobcat skulls I collected years back.  Both had been killed and eaten by golden eagles.  Who woulda thunk a 12 lb bird could kill one of these wildcats?

But you have to consider the fact that like an owl, they try to hit their prey in the back to break it.  So 12lbs, at "X" mph, striking an animal in the back, tends to accomplish it's goal.  Their have been people killed by Great Horned Owls, using the same technique, and which ended up with the person dying from a broken neck. :o  The Great Horned Owl, which I also believe is the only natural predator to the Eagle.  Correct me if I am wrong here J.W.  Since owls primarily hunt at dusk, and night, and Eagles sleep during that time, they can become prey. :o                           

Just wait till I get bigger, Kitty, then you're all mine...... Hey, Eagle, yeah, I'm talkin to you Baldy!  You have to sleep sometime.  Just try not to look into my eyes!.....yes......sleeeep...... ;D ;D
                                                           Wayne
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:41:22 am by stickbender »

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 03:57:26 pm »

That's insane.

But you have to consider the fact that like an owl, they try to hit their prey in the back to break it.  So 12lbs, at "X" mph, striking an animal in the back, tends to accomplish it's goal.  Their have been people killed by Great Horned Owls, using the same technique, and which ended up with the person dying from a broken neck. :o  The Great Horned Owl, which I also believe is the only natural predator to the Eagle.  Correct me if I am wrong here J.W.  Since owls primarily hunt at dusk, and night, and Eagles sleep during that time, they can become prey. :o
                                                                     Wayne

Dang, that's insane too.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline PrimitiveTim

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 04:13:40 pm »
Bobcats have killed eagles here in Florida... and I have proof :D
Florida to Kwajalein to Turkey and back in Florida again.  Good to be home but man was that an adventure!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:52 pm »

Turn about fair play..... ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 01:33:38 am »
I once saw a man eating perch.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 02:14:42 am »

Well I certainly hope he cleaned it first! :P

Wayne

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 02:20:56 am »
Northern Saw-Whet Owl. Hat is photoshopped, otherwise I would need to track the idiot down and put a "beanie" on him.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 02:36:23 am »

Well who tugged on your tail feathers?! :o  Don't you have cages to clean, and water dishes to be cleaned and refilled?  Still cute though. ;)  Maybe a Fedora, at an angle would be better.   ;)

Wayne