Author Topic: Swap Bow opinions needed!!  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Gaur

Re: Swap Bow opinions needed!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 08:53:20 am »
if you have my name I'd be happy with it.  Looks good.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Weylin

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 03:13:21 pm »
If that's for me send it out. I have too many bows that are too heavy for me anyway. I'd like a bow at that weight and that seems like a really sweet looking bow.

blackhawk

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:29 pm »
I'll take it too....send it out ;)

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 10:31:31 pm »
When I make a bow for someone else, the weight isn't really an issue. I know what I am okay with sending out and what I'm not.   If you feel like the bow is good and you are happy with it then send it out. Maybe cutting off a few inches would give you the weight you need? If its just a matter of tips to redo and you have the length is make her at least your guys min weight. The bow looks tillered well enough that you could probably lose the length. Or keep this one and make the twin for your recipient. But if its hitting weight within the range ( I think we had like ten lbs) then is send it. If it was under I would fix it or make another. That's just me.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline k-hat

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 11:27:34 pm »
Thanks again guys for the confidence boost.    I hear what ur saying DVS.  My only concern about piking is the additional set that will inevitably occur and thus loss of cast, not to mention it will take the bow even further away from the elb design i was trying to approximate.  Food for thought though!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 01:10:33 am »
 ;) there you go.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley