Author Topic: A few bird points  (Read 1994 times)

Offline papoints

A few bird points
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:34:35 pm »
Unfortunately they missed hunting width here in Pa.  Oh well I like looking at them.   :o

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: A few bird points
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:02 pm »
Pointy... 8)...nice work, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
Can you shoot hogs with them?  Down here the regulations don't apply to non-game animals... BTW, I like them.  They look authentic  :)
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 10:34:40 pm »
Nice points
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:09:45 am »
Nice points where you at in PA.

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 03:37:06 pm »
Nice pointy little flakes of rock.
I bet they penetrate better than normal points cause they smaller.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline papoints

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 05:26:49 pm »
Thanks guys!  I don't know if they would be heavy enough to shoot at a hog.  Those guys have some pretty thick armor.  They might slip through there though :).  I have seen some articles on bird point penetration and I think they would.  These just missed the 7/8 requirement here.  I know there are a few wild hogs in Pa but I don't know where.  I would love to hunt them. They are tasty :).  Hey Trapper Rob I live in Washington Pa.

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »
I have read those articles and seen videos by Billy and Twisted Limbs and they have convinced me... I am gonna give it a try this season...

Yep... Hogs are tasty and fun to hunt but I am not sure the fun outweighs the damage they do down here... And boy can they multiple!  Did you know that for every 6 piglets a sow has...  that 8 survive to maturity?  ::)
“People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road does not mean they are lost.” -- Dalai Lama

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »
papoints I live in Bedford County My one friend knows where the hogs are.

Offline papoints

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 09:07:00 am »
I have read those articles and seen videos by Billy and Twisted Limbs and they have convinced me... I am gonna give it a try this season...

Yep... Hogs are tasty and fun to hunt but I am not sure the fun outweighs the damage they do down here... And boy can they multiple!  Did you know that for every 6 piglets a sow has...  that 8 survive to maturity?  ::)

I like your hog math  :).   I used to hunt them a lot down south and they literally have a shield made of fat protecting their vitals from a broadside shot.  I think the smaller points would do just fine on a deer but I don't know how they would work on that shield.

papoints I live in Bedford County My one friend knows where the hogs are.

I heard that they were in that direction.  Are there a lot of them out there?  I bet the PGC is scrambling to get that Pandora's box closed again.

Offline Bugtussle

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 01:25:15 pm »
"I like your hog math  .   I used to hunt them a lot down south and they literally have a shield made of fat protecting their vitals from a broadside shot.  I think the smaller points would do just fine on a deer but I don't know how they would work on that shield."

I guess there is only one way to find out  >:D.  But I hear what you're saying... The big boars are hard to kill... But not probably as bad as his great, great, great granddaddy below  :o

But if given a choice... I would rather take the shot on a nice young shoat... Tasty, tender and easier to carry out! 

Offline Tower

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »
Great looking points.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!