Author Topic: "Evenstar" Osage Recurve (Trade Bow)  (Read 12908 times)

Offline Gaur

Re: "Evenstar" Osage Recurve (Trade Bow)
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2013, 10:48:04 pm »
Awesome looking bow.  You are a great artist as well as a good bowyer.  That's a nice way to do the overlays and save on tip weight too.
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Weylin

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2013, 02:30:31 pm »
Thanks Brad.

Thank you rps3.

Thats generous of you, Carson. I don't have any plans of getting down that way. I'll likely just pick something up from home depot

That's kind of you to say, Guar. The tips were a bit of an experiment for me. I've never done pin nocks before but I was happy with how they turned out. The overlays were kind of a pain and I spent way more time than I wanted to futzing around with them. I'll do tips like that again so maybe they'll be faster the next time I do it.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 01:44:59 am »
Hey Weylin,

That bow is AWESOME!  Love the tips, the handle, the artwork!  AMAZING!  Anyone would be lucky to have THAT BOW!  Hope it comes my way!

.....oh wait it did!  YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!    >:D ;D ;D ;D :laugh:

My wife called me at work today saying "something" arrived for me in the mail.  Knowing I haven't ordered anything recently I quickly asked her,  "Is it a long box?" she said "It's a long white PVC pipe."   "OOOOOOOOOOH MAN"   I almost wished she didn't call me because then I had to think about it all day.  I had to leave a little early for my hour long commute home.  Good thing I didn't get a speeding ticket! 

I've been away from this site for a while.  Just been extremely busy.  I totally missed this post and many others.  Such a nice surprise.   

Dude.   THANK YOU for such an Awesome bow!  I couldn't be happier!   Extremely well done.  The craftsmanship and artistry is outstanding.  Love the color scheme and the stars.  The bird is really nice touch as well.  Very impressed with the handle stitching.  Need to learn how to do that.   I can see I still have a long way to go.  And Osage.  Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  Now I can finally shoot an Osage bow.  This one will be my first to shoot AND own.   Thanks man.

It was storming out today so I didn't dare take it outside.  I'll shoot it tomorrow hopefully and take some pics.
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Weylin

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 01:43:25 pm »
I'm glad that it arrived safely and that you're pleased with it. I read that you didn't have an osage bow yet so that's why I picked out that stave. I new that you were into dolling up your bows with all kinds of awesome art so I new you'd appreciate a little embellishment. And since you are a Tolkien fan I decided to give it a Tolkien inspired name. It sure was a lot of fun to make . I hope it shoots well for you.

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »
Man that's too cool.  I especially appreciate all the work you put in, to tailor this bow to your recipient.  Really, inspiring.

Gabe
Humboldt County CA.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »
Thanks, Gabe. It was fun.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:47 am »
I'm glad that it arrived safely and that you're pleased with it. I read that you didn't have an osage bow yet so that's why I picked out that stave. I new that you were into dolling up your bows with all kinds of awesome art so I new you'd appreciate a little embellishment. And since you are a Tolkien fan I decided to give it a Tolkien inspired name. It sure was a lot of fun to make . I hope it shoots well for you.

Well you totally nailed it bro.  Thanks again.   By the way it SHOOTS AWESOME.   I still intend to post some pics.
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:19 am »
Man that's too cool.  I especially appreciate all the work you put in, to tailor this bow to your recipient.  Really, inspiring.

Gabe

Yeah...what he said!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:02 pm »
Wow!  That is some kinda purty!  Well done Weylin!  Well done indeed!  Josh

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2013, 11:29:42 pm »
Got my vote for sure Weylin!  Beautiful bow.
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »
Wow!!! that turned out awesome great job.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »
Weylin, congratulations for winning BOM!
That's a beautiful bow!!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline portlandfire

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2013, 02:24:46 am »
   Absolutely beautiful bow.  A well deserved win.  Congratulations

Offline Weylin

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
Hey, Thanks fellas!  :D I appreciate the support and the compliments.

Offline Jacob Parnell

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2013, 02:02:22 pm »
congrats! beautiful.
.   (
     \
      )
-)))-------->
      )
     /
    (