Author Topic: As fate would have it  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: As fate would have it
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 02:48:28 am »
Well hot dang Josh, looks like we'll be seeing some gun doc yew bows after all. Those PNW guys look like they know how to show a flatlander a good time. Nice networkin' guys. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 03:48:22 am »
Some fine lookin' Yew there. the log with the end showing has lovely thin sapwood... I'll bet the bows will just jump right out of that  :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 04:15:52 am »
I just stopped for fuel and a burger to go and thought I'd check in.  I am amazed at the generosity and kindness shown to a wayward flatlander by the folks that share this hobby, no make that way of life.  Today was a day I shall never forget.  At one point, I just stopped and looked around and soaked in my surroundings.  The rhododendron in full bloom, the giant cedars and hemlocks that towered above that were growing long before Chris Columbus got lost on his way to India , the mystical yew trees scattered here and there mixed in with thousands of other flowers and trees heretofore never witnessed by these flatlander eyes.  All these things and more, much much more that I might never have witnessed if it were not for the kindness and generosity of some really great folks that was freely offered to someone that they had never met or talked to.  Words can never express my gratitude, but I will offer a humble and sincere thank you anyway.  So THANK YOU ever so much Bryce, Dan and Dave who played a big part in making  this happen!    Sincerely, Josh Barnes

blackhawk

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 09:08:33 am »
Suuuuuure...you were out my way last weekend and didn't stop by cus "yew didnt have time",but ya stop bye them yew wood whores when yew are out that way and made time for them...wonder why?.....  :laugh:  :laugh:.....jus messin with ya...I totally understand ;)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
Looks like yew guys really had a ball! Glad to see you got some real yew, Josh! :)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 10:03:30 am »
   nothing like being n the forest of the north west, i miss it. very very cool.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

Did you guys practice that tongue in cheek, s**t-eating grin or does that just happen when you stand next to a yew tree?  ;D ;D ;D

Now that's funny!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »
Suuuuuure...you were out my way last weekend and didn't stop by cus "yew didnt have time",but ya stop bye them yew wood whores when yew are out that way and made time for them...wonder why?.....  :laugh:  :laugh:.....jus messin with ya...I totally understand ;)

If yew put out like those guys do, maybe yew wood see a few more folks drop in on you!

Ya know, this is really not that unusual in this crowd of folks.  Generosity comes from you people as natural as breathing.  I count myself lucky to hang around with you and I'm always hoping to toe the scratch with the high standards set in here.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »
Wish i coulda been there with ya. But i want to know why a man with that has yew thats been seasoning for 70+ years is begging for green wood though. ::)
Steve Bennett

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 03:28:29 pm »
Wish i coulda been there with ya. But i want to know why a man with that has yew thats been seasoning for 70+ years is begging for green wood though. ::)

And the story to go with it is great.

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 07:14:17 pm »
Great time had by all that's for sure. I definitely feel like I spent the day hauling logs up and down hills though.
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 09:29:01 pm »
Good fun :) glad you had a good time josh. And if you don't start working on those old yew staves I'm gonna come and take them from you :) enjoy that fresh yew my friend.
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:52 pm »
I charge rental fee of one stave per hr of chainsaw use!  ::) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) i have the same chainsaw.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Weylin

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 02:19:28 am »
Sorry I missed ya, Josh.  :-\ I would have tagged along for that adventure but I was down making bows on Soda Mountain, sleeping in a tipi, stump shooting and hunting rabbits. Looks like you guys had some fun.

Offline DuBois

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2013, 02:57:34 am »
Well I finally get to say it to someone else. YEW AINT IN KANSAS ANYMORE!
That is some nice lookin stuff there but of course I know nothing of yew.
And yes, you do owe that poor old hemlock an appology  :'( ;)