Author Topic: need inspiration for a kids bow.  (Read 9186 times)

Offline Ifrit617

Re: need inspiration for a kids bow.
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »
I Come on here as a novice to learn from the more experienced bowmakers. I usually visit  every couple of days and have a good read through as I enjoy 99% of the posts..They are almost always informative, and inspire me to give thoughts to design , future projects etc...

I've contributed in the past, but have not for a while due to issues beyond my control that will resolve themselves soon .

This business With false identities and the squirrel twins or whatever seems to drag on, and  is a train wreck in my opinion.

It would be as well for the admin to deal with this now, as although it may be a little light entertainment for  the good members ( I chuckled myself at the start) It could start to take over and spoil things....I know that sounds a bit alarmist, but new posts seem to be popping up all the time

If you think I'm full of hot air then I'm sorry, But I like this place and have learned a lot from it..I've also seen other forums tumble and Go to the dogs..

All the best

Keith

+1 I thought it would get better, but its just getting worse and worse.

Jon

Offline Roy

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »
Stick around, Keith. It's cheap entertainment:) Not too many threads head south on here. But some of us are tired of the B.S. of a couple poster boys:)

Offline bubby

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 04:46:39 pm »
SAVE THE MAJESTIC SQUIRREL

SUPPORT THE UNITED SQUIRREL RELIEF FUND

Millions of Squirrels have had their reputations damaged by this grave injustice, because of this tragedy thousands of squirrels don't know where their next meal will come from and many have turned to drinking to cope with the embarrassment.

For about a dollar a day you can give these squirrels a chance to escape the hunger and shame that have been created by this unfortunate web of lies.

Won't you sponsor a squirrel today and help bring these majestic creatures back to the glory they once enjoyed before this tragic incident?
NOPE!!  >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Roy

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »
Ok Bubby, get your butt over here and clean the coffee off my keyboard.. LMAO

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 05:31:57 pm »
SAVE THE MAJESTIC SQUIRREL

SUPPORT THE UNITED SQUIRREL RELIEF FUND

Millions of Squirrels have had their reputations damaged by this grave injustice, because of this tragedy thousands of squirrels don't know where their next meal will come from and many have turned to drinking to cope with the embarrassment.

For about a dollar a day you can give these squirrels a chance to escape the hunger and shame that have been created by this unfortunate web of lies.

Won't you sponsor a squirrel today and help bring these majestic creatures back to the glory they once enjoyed before this tragic incident?

Where can I send the money?

This made me laugh.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 06:47:55 pm »
Bowslayer, have you ever wondered if its worth it to go through all this **** every time you post something?
It seems to me that by now you would have figured out that doing stupid things will bite you back.

You should not make comments like this. You are just as responsible for this as he is.

Jon

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 07:18:45 pm »
It just happens to strike me that some people on here enjoy hijacking threads, downtalking others, and bringing up problems.
This thread started out as a "I am asking a honest question" thread, and wound up as ANOTHER "them squirrels are ******" thread.
As far as I am concerned, take what people say at face value.
Teenagers are rather impulsive(I am one, and trust me, I know i do stupid things). 
It makes me wonder sometimes if some people have ego problems.
I know I can barely make a working bow.  But I can make a bow, and therefore I consider myself a bowyer- Note the definition of "bowyer"
I know I am inexperianced. In 10 years I will probably regret almost every post I have done on PA. Perhaps it is more trouble than it is worth. I have only been here for a few months. Every time 'slayer starts a thread, he gets jumped on. Doesn't matter what its about.
Always by the SAME PEOPLE.
 I chose "squirrelslinger" as a username cause I like the name(and have an awesome avatar to go with it).
I now regret that quite a bit.
When I started making (and breaking) wooden bows, I thought pear was osage and pine was yew. I didn't know the difference between locust and elm. I didn't even know what tree rings are, except that by counting them you can tell how old the tree is.  Now, I can identify most common white woods on sight. I can chase a ring on a locust shortie with a pocketknife(and I have done that). But when it comes to PA, I take everything on the internet at face value. Meaning I don't judge by prior posts, good or bad. I simply pay attention to the info, and if it checks out with at least 2 other sources, I try it and if it works, I believe it. 
Thank you to those who read 'slayer's posts and take it at face value. Thank you to those willing to forgive him if he wants to change, and willing to share knowledge with him. Thank you to those who have given me advice. Thank you to those who have forgiven me for my shaky start here. I am probably not much better (and likely worse to some) than 'slayer to many of you. I do not pretend to know what he did wrong, and I may have repeated his mistakes. To me, it seems that people were happy to jump on him for POSTING a bow HE MADE(even if he did have help). I don't want to waste more time on this kind of stuff. Lets get over this crap.
If I have offended some people with this, sorry to you. But I am not going to let others tell me how to live my life.
Live your life how you want. If other people don't agree, so be it.

ALL people who make wooden bows MUST be insane according to my quote-signature.
We try, try, and repeat ourselves over and over again... and get different results.

-Squirrel
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:51:51 pm by Thesquirrelslinger »
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »
Stick around, Keith. It's cheap entertainment:) Not too many threads head south on here. But some of us are tired of the B.S. of a couple poster boys:)

for the most part I agree however this one is getting dreadfully close :-[
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:39 pm »
Thanks slinger I do agree with the majority of what you said and feel.  I am tired of all my threads being hijacked even when im asking a simple question.  And I will definitely agree with the tenagers are impulsive. I have also learnt alot  on this forum like when I joined I was making a bow from a Christmas tree.  And was not able to tiller bows correctly but now I can IMO make a well tillered bow from a wood most bowyers would stay clear of.  Ive also learnt about different woods and backings and I even learnt how to knapp flint and other stone. I have also learnt how to use resources more efficiently and about the problems that faced our primitive ancestors faced.

Thanks for speaking what was on my mind. And thank you blackhawk for the opportunity you offered me in guiding me to be a better person.  I hope from now on people will listen and actually take us more seriously with our posts. I know that's hard for some people as I have upset alot of people with my lies and pursuits. I hope that one day I can gain back some respect and credibility.  I know it will take a long time and I know I can probably never re-build bridges that have been burned down but I feel that if I follow the right path I can be a better person on this forum and in life, on and off line. Im not expecting to be forgiven over night but hope that all this hijacking will stop. Thanks.
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »
Your posts usually turn into messes like this because of your actions in the past and present.  You have fake user names to try to make yourself look better than you actually are and then you don't like it when people don't take you serious?  You have brought this upon yourself.  Its not because you are young or you are a beginner.  There are other young members and beginners who don't get treated like you do.  If you want to be treated with respect you have to earn it.  So far you have done the exact opposite of that.  Please quit wasting everyones time with your nonsense.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:25 pm »
Yes I know I have made mistakes and bad choices to say the least.  I want to earn respect and I know that will take time, patients and respect for other members.
London, England.

45#@28"

blackhawk

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 09:54:38 pm »
So how's that kids bow coming? N why not just use a properly grain chosen piece of hickory or whatever board,and overbuild it cus kids could care less about performance..they just like to see the arrow flight...and just go slow and take your time

Offline Josh B

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:04 pm »
Really?  After all the foolishness and shenanigans...you two boys are gonna play the part of unfairly persecuted victims ?!?!   There are whole bunch folks older than you that have that same line of thinking.  They're called inmates.  This is the last time I'm gonna say it, take responsibility for your actions and fix your attitude!  I'm done with ya!  Josh

Offline DLH

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 10:58:44 pm »
I really think if you guys had posted pictures of current builds that you need help with it would have helped you tremendously and listened to their advice. Its hard for them to believe you or help you if they don't have a picture to go from. I am a pure beginner in the same boat as you guys are. Chris (blackhawk) has helped me to know end and always answers my questions in my current thread I have going and various PMs I have sent him and the same goes for Clint (osageoutlaw) as well. The thread where Pearl Drums helped someone (sorry can't remember who) completely tiller out a red oak bow is another fine example if you try and put in your part they will more than gladly help you. I have personally met Chris and Clint in person and they more than gladly answered all my questions no matter how simple or stupid. I don't post very much because I don't feel like I have enough experience to give any advice yet.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 11:02:53 pm »
Like several others, I, too, am done.

Pat B, good luck ferreting out all his phoney monikers.  Maybe a good way to start is by giving him a 60 day time-out to consider his future coarse of action.  Might allow the rest of us the chance to cool off.  I know I for one would like that chance!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.