Author Topic: need inspiration for a kids bow.  (Read 9188 times)

Offline BowSlayer

need inspiration for a kids bow.
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:19:12 am »
Hello again.  I am making a hickory kids bow for a friend's daughter and I have got no idea what style or how I want it to look. Exept for it being pink :-\ do you think you guys could post some pictures of kids bows as im really struggling to think of something before this Saturday. I have a 50" long stave and im aiming for 15-20#@20" any ideas are much appreciated.  Cheers
London, England.

45#@28"

blackhawk

Re: need inspiration for a kids bow.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 10:41:38 am »
So is it just pure coincidence that squirellslayer just made the same statement of going to be making a kids bow for a friends daughter of hickory? And that squirellslayer and bow doc are the same person on leather wall ..."you"(squirellslayer) sent me a pm yest saying that you are not bow doc on here but you are on leather wall as well as squirellslayer...and that all of the handles were created around the same time? And that bow doc on here signed off with a thread once with an "SS" like squirellslayer does.....and is it just coincidence that the majority of bow docs posts are commenting on squirellslayers threads...and with all the "past reputation" of squirellslayers tall tales and fibs I don't believe him because its like the story of the kid who cried wolf...he's lied so many times that I don't believe anything he says even if it is the truth.....I'm calling you out in the wide open kid...its time to man up and fess up to more lies...tell the truth squirelly...

And onto the bow...do you know her draw length?..what's her age? A simple stiff handled straight bow will prob be best and work fine for your stats you listed...I'd go 1 3/8" wide out of the handle till mid limb then taper to half inch tips...

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:50 am »
1 inch wide, as tall as the shooter, let the handle bend, no narrowed handle, 3/8" nocks, back with burlap, linen, silk or rawhide. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09:06 am »
So is it just pure coincidence that squirellslayer just made the same statement of going to be making a kids bow for a friends daughter of hickory? And that squirellslayer and bow doc are the same person on leather wall ..."you"(squirellslayer) sent me a pm yest saying that you are not bow doc on here but you are on leather wall as well as squirellslayer...and that all of the handles were created around the same time? And that bow doc on here signed off with a thread once with an "SS" like squirellslayer does.....and is it just coincidence that the majority of bow docs posts are commenting on squirellslayers threads...and with all the "past reputation" of squirellslayers tall tales and fibs I don't believe him because its like the story of the kid who cried wolf...he's lied so many times that I don't believe anything he says even if it is the truth.....I'm calling you out in the wide open kid...its time to man up and fess up to more lies...tell the truth squirelly...

And onto the bow...do you know her draw length?..what's her age? A simple stiff handled straight bow will prob be best and work fine for your stats you listed...I'd go 1 3/8" wide out of the handle till mid limb then taper to half inch tips...

I was boycotting SS posts but I am grabbing some popcorn for this show!

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 11:19:42 am »
I always back kids bows with fabric. You can get fabric in almost any color or theme...if the kid is obsessed with spiderman, butterflies, or whatever, you can get a fabric with that print, or maybe just a favorite color. Kids seem to love it.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Josh B

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »
Well.....that's just dandy Bowslayer. :(  I guess with you it's one step forward and three steps back.  I had my suspicions, but just didn't want to believe it.   As far as the bow goes,  I would go with Jawge's suggestion.  You can get all kinds of pink fabric with some pretty cool patterns at fabric stores and hobby shops for not much coin.  Josh

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 12:48:57 pm »

Ok. You got me :o yes I am slayer. Im going to use this account from now on as something happened to my SS account.

Anyway.  I have let her pull my old bow and she got it back to 18" I want to tiller it up to 20" incase her brother picks it up. I also intend to tie a length of rope around the handle and around the bows string this is so it won't be over drawn.Hope tthat mmakes sense. Im looking for some pink paint and maybe some red leather for the handle. Has anyone got any pictures of there kids bows that they made. SS

I guess with you it's one step forward and three steps back. 

I know that now.  :(
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:40 pm »
What!!! This is absurd! Come on man really? And you've been replying to your own posts, that's just absolute trash. Also why when you made this account did you claim to be great at restoring peoples bows? Seems like a scam to me!

Geez, this just gets better and better..  >:(

Jon

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »
What!!! This is absurd! Come on man really? And you've been replying to your own posts, that's just absolute trash. Also why when you made this account did you claim to be great at restoring peoples bows? Seems like a scam to me!

Geez, this just gets better and better..  >:(

Jon

Scam? No. I was trying to make myself look better than I actually was. I had no intention of scamming anyone.
London, England.

45#@28"

blackhawk

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 01:16:06 pm »
So if your looking for help from folks like me,then why did you lie to me yesterday saying you weren't...you know I wanna help you out honestly,but that makes it really hard for me to do....I'm not gonna bash you and boo and hiss and throw tomatoes at you like some guys have...(but I will call you out)...and if you haven't figured it out a lot of guys are boycotting from helping you(for good reason)but I don't think that's the right thing to do either...I have no right to bash you as I was doing g stupider things at your age than just "lying"..so I have to give you think benefit of the doubt,and I'd rather try and help you,encourage you,and help steer you in the right direction in life so your not another "teenage causality" as I once was....some guys are just never gonna help you again after all this,and that's there perogative....but I really want to do the right thing and help teach you  so that one day you can not only pass along bowyering,but honesty and Integrity to the youth when your older...and it makes it hard on me to wanna do that when your in a web of lies....you realize if I start trying to help you out,some guys will fall in line and follow my lead,and some won't,but you'll get enough back to help you along in your journeys in life,and not just in making bows,but making the right choices in life....I'll make a statement/pact...if you can just be honest I will start giving you my "opinionated" advice...you don't have to take it,and that's fine as long as its a good reason not to and there's another decent solution to your problem.....deal?

Offline BowSlayer

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 01:23:40 pm »
All I can say is thank you for giving me a chance. No more lies. Deal
London, England.

45#@28"

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 01:30:06 pm »
What Blackhawk just said should be ringing some bells of familiarity in your head.  It is pretty much the same thing that I told you last year in a PM about your Christmas tree bow story.  I hope to Hell you listen to Chris on this since you obviously didn't take what I told you serious.  None of us likes being jerks, but we aren't doing you any favors but just letting you keep on with piss poor behavior.  This is like a big family here and as such, expect to be treated like family.  This includes behavior corrections and admonishments when the occasion is necessary.  People have been defending you all along and some quite recently.  How do you suppose they're feeling right about now?  Straighten up kid, things will be a lot better for you.  Josh

I also want to add that none of us are immune from reproach.  Several of us just got set straight last week  when we were exhibiting poor behavior.  And rightfully so I might add! ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:46:52 pm by Gun Doc »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 01:56:31 pm »
All I can say is thank you for giving me a chance. No more lies. Deal

Haven't you said this before.   It's impossible for you to be honest
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

blackhawk

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 01:57:23 pm »
Well..you took the first right step in admitting it...but that's the easy part....words are easy to say,but can be hard to follow in action in the future,and to make an honest behavioural correction ( speaking from lots of experience) ..and its going to take a lot of "real" proof to gain some trust back,and to see if your really sorry or not,as I see you really weren't sorry before with your apologies...

The lesson I'm trying to teach you now has nothing to do with bowyering...its a word called GRACE..and its something my elders taught me many moons ago,and its still an ongoing lifelong battle to continue to show grace and forgiveness to those who continue to spit on you,but i believe its the right thing to do because throwing rotten tomatoes isn't gonna help you turn into an honest man with integrity....look up the definition of grace,honesty,and integrity and memorize them,and repeat them over and over in your lil squirelly brain...let it sink in and meditate on them...

Please guys refrain from throwing any more rotten tomatoes..its not gonna help...but please help to encourage him in a positive way...

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 02:25:26 pm »
go see the movie "Epic".