Author Topic: @#* AKA ABO knife preform hammer stone anter combo  (Read 1314 times)

Offline iowabow

@#* AKA ABO knife preform hammer stone anter combo
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:47 pm »
Thought guys might like to see a little more progression. This is a new piece of stone that I got from Tower a year or so ago (BTW thank you for the box and the preforms, I learned a lot from them). This preform was worked ABO with isolated platforms that were formed and shape by hammer stone work. As I came to a close on the antler work the edge was hardened with light hammerstone blending flakes. Then final antler thinning flakes were removed. I was lucky to produce a step free preform this time around. It is about 6:1 and should be perfect for finishing with pressure. I broke three just like this one the last three night trying to get the technique down. It is hard sometimes to learn a new process.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline David_Daugherty

Re: @#* AKA ABO knife preform hammer stone anter combo
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:17:09 pm »
Yes I hate those step fractures. I had a few of those this weekend but managed to work them out before they led to a big problem.  Nice preform, should make a beautiful point when your done.
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: @#* AKA ABO knife preform hammer stone anter combo
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:53:21 pm »
6:1 is really good.  8)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr