Author Topic: its been one year  (Read 16629 times)

Offline bow101

Re: its been one year
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2013, 01:36:21 pm »
But for such a self proclaimed "nice group" you are fast to jump down a persons throat, and not even take the Thank you for what it is.
Me, I'd still like to hang out here learning all I can, and use the information to make a better bow next time, and maybe share things I have learned.
I hope you all have a great weekend.

+2
===========================================

Where does Squirrelslayer mention about been an "accomplished Bowyer"  If I missed it please point it out.  This definiton about been a Bowyer is kind of like been an artist using acrylic paints on canvas.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder weather you do art just for fun does not mean you are not an artist. The art could be a mess of scribble on the canvas, just like some bows I built, very rough with sanding marks and gouges and bad tillering.  Do I call myself a "Bowyer"....NOPE..!  I'am to humble for that even though I have been playing with wood most of my life.  There will always be something to learn.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »
Awww geeez,, You're welcome squirrelslayer,,,and I'm real sorry. ::) :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2013, 12:23:17 am »
Ever notice how Squirrel Nuts will start a thread that inevitably will turn to some kind of controversy, and then just sit back and watch while the rest of us mature adults squable with each other?

He's probably sitting there with a big smug grin on his face...  :)

Anyway, I still want to see some full draw pics of your ELB there Squirrely, and then I'll believe that you are a bowyer ;)

Offline wildman

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 12:39:20 am »
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!! so many sucked in again !!!!!!!!!!!! Do what ya do and enjoy. Bow building 7yrs ,jiu-jitsu 5yrs Husband 19yrs(2xs) MASTER of nothing. But we plug along. Plug along young skwerl plug along.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Josh B

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 12:43:03 am »
I stand corrected!  I checked out the link adb posted and there is indeed at least one guild with established rules in place that must me be met to earn the title "bowyer".  I still don't really care wether or not anyone considers me to be a bowyer.  But now I do know that there are a few people that not only care, but have went to great lengths to earn the title.  I can respect that and can definitely see how it would be resented for someone who might have one bow under his belt (we never have seen the full draw) to call himself by a title that they have worked years to obtain.  Again, I have no interest in the guild or worry about the title bit, but i now have a better understanding of those that do.  This thread has been an eye opener for me.  Josh

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 12:45:23 am »
  But for such a self proclaimed "nice group" you are fast to jump down a persons throat, and not even take the Thank you for what it is.
Me, I'd still like to hang out here learning all I can, and use the information to make a better bow next time, and maybe share things I have learned.

For 11 months out of his first year he has been a pain in the butt.  That's why everyone is quick to jump on him.  Sometimes negative replies are well deserved.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:30 am »

For 11 months out of his first year he has been a pain in the butt.  That's why everyone is quick to jump on him.  Sometimes negative replies are well deserved.

and have never seen a picture posted of anything but a compound by either squirrel.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bhenders

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2013, 11:14:48 am »
Hmmm, let's see, young pup, posts that stir things up, doesn't 'respect' his elders, not much common sense, seems to start controversy...

nope, never seen anything like that before from a youngster... 

welcome to the rest of the interwebs folks...

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2013, 05:01:46 pm »

and have never seen a picture posted of anything but a compound by either squirrel.
B***S***
 Lookie here-
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,40271.0.html
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2013, 07:01:43 pm »
Ever notice how Squirrel Nuts will start a thread that inevitably will turn to some kind of controversy, and then just sit back and watch while the rest of us mature adults squable with each other?

He's probably sitting there with a big smug grin on his face...  :)

Anyway, I still want to see some full draw pics of your ELB there Squirrely, and then I'll believe that you are a bowyer ;)

Haha. Im sorry I haven't been able to get pictures posted up. Hopefully by the end of the week ill have a whole lot of F/D pics up of my ELB I also have another little surprise for all of you. And when I say suprise your going to think im even more nuts than I am now.

Awww geeez,, You're welcome squirrelslayer,,,and I'm real sorry. ::) :'(

Forgiven.

As for the bowyer comment im sorry for all the controversy it's caused and I guess we all have different opinions on what makes a bowyer.  So can I please end what I started and ask that we all agree to disagree?  This was meant to be a thank you thread for all the help and advice given to me over the past months scice I joined but only a small handful of people saw that. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:20 pm »
Awe Man...

You mean I sharpened my Pitch Fork for nothing?
Now what am I gonna do with all these Torches?

I have to say that which ever side of the Exercise Wheel you come down on, the Lad keeps coming back to PA for more.
For that alone, I Commend you Squirly.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Marks

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »
I got on his youtube channel and apparently he is real. He has a few bow videos on there. I've been waiting on someone to fess up to making a fake name. He put a youtube link on his mahogany bow thread.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 02:00:01 pm »
I'd like to say I'm sorry for my post on here, if I had known how bad this is getting, I would have kept my fingers quite. Nothing but bows & arrows from now on.
Again I'm sorry. Hope you all have a great day. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Marks

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »
I'd like to say I'm sorry for my post on here, if I had known how bad this is getting, I would have kept my fingers quite. Nothing but bows & arrows from now on.

What are you talking about. That was a great post. Very respectful and well worded. Nothing to be sorry about.

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »

What are you talking about. That was a great post. Very respectful and well worded. Nothing to be sorry about.
Marks, I put this up here and then found out SS has a double on here too. Me being new I should have just not said anything, about stuff I know nothing about. The last thing I want to do on here is cause any problems with anyone. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,