Author Topic: 11th Tennesse Classic.  (Read 394950 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: 11th Tennesse Classic.
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:29 pm »
Keep all appendages clear of Greg when he's eating >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

CastIron

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2008, 11:29:58 pm »
Time to purchase the plane ticket! Pappy, need some help here!!! Where is the closest airport to where you are? I'm flying out of Seattle, WA and we need really good directions since we can only see arround three feet in front of the plane on take off due to all the rain!  ;D  I could travel by slug but would not arrive untill arround May 2020.

Really looking forward to meeting all of you guys down there. Anything I should know about or be looking out for when I arrive down there?  Do you all speak the same language I do????  ;D

David T

Nashville....... I think BNA is the code  Let us know when you get in and some of us can come up and pick you up.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #257 on: January 30, 2008, 03:40:03 am »
Thanks! I will look into the tickets.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2008, 06:42:59 am »
Ya Nashville is about 40 miles from us,and yes I think we speak the same language,
we speak southern slang. ;D ;D with a little hick thrown in. ;D Can't wait to meet you
in person,it will be a blast.Do you plan on camping ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2008, 09:31:09 am »
Do you all speak the same language I do?

We speak a unique form of redneck only heard in our neck of the woods. You should understand at least every third word or so... ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

CastIron

« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:57 am »
David,

I have gotten a non stop flight from Nashville to Seattle lately from Southwest and the cost was not too bad around $300.00 round trip is Seattle close to where you are?

You have to go to SW's website tho as they won't show up on orbitz, priceline or such.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2008, 09:58:11 am »
That sounds pretty cheap to me,It cost that much to drive about anywhere.I
may start flying. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2008, 11:20:43 am »
With $3 a gallon gas, it'll cost me about that much to drive down there from NC.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2008, 11:46:26 am »
O but it will be so worth it. ;) ;) Where else could you have so much fun and be around so many fine folks for such a cheap price. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2008, 12:39:10 pm »
Pappy, you left out the best part-rain and ticks- gotta love it.  ;D  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2008, 01:12:41 pm »
Bath in the rain and eat the ticks,now that's what I call primitive. ;D You had to bring that up. ;)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:18 am »
Yep! Guys I have a better price on tickets than $300.00 I have a free flight a com'en!!! Yep, plan on camping out. Only question I have though is, is there a shower anywhere nearby? Four to five days in humid weather will have me nicknamed the "skunk!"!!! Hows about a privy? Hmm, where can I get chow too?!?! I eat allot!!! I'm eaten for myself and three billion little other critters I picked up at a little restaurant in Eastern Europe! They get a little grumpy if I don't feed'em reglar like.  ;D

Hmm! Sounds like ya guys speak the language of Reda'neckum. Ancient Native American dialect created ta confuse us northern folk! Don't worry, I took a number of classes in speaken Reda'neckum. Shournuff!  ;D 

You guys have ticks down there about the size of small dogs right!?!? How many corpses have been found sucked dry by them ticks anyways? :o

I will aim on bringing one of my bows along and some arras. Don't think I will have the honey mead ready though. Things came up that have kept me from making it. Sorry guys!!!

Hmmm! Nashville? Is that the home of the grand ol' Opree?

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2008, 06:27:09 am »
I'll hook you up on a shower and concession stand is open but there is always food around,we won't let you go hungry,Yes it's the home of the opre.Ticks are that big. ;D When are you going to be in ? :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2008, 08:30:56 am »
D tiller you might want to ship your bow to pappy ahead of time, just to be
sure it gets there. Otherwise it who knows it might get more frequent flyer miles than you ;D

I sure hope I can make it down but to tell ya all the truth money is tight with the present state of the economy >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2008, 09:38:43 am »
I sure hope I can make it down but to tell ya all the truth money is tight with the present state of the economy
Hope you can make it Dana, looking forward to meeting you in person some time. ;)

Glad to hear you're coming David, with those classes you took...we should be able to communicate just fine. ;D

Yeah Pappy, we definitely need to get some bows laid out and crank up the bandsaws...it's that time of year again.

We've done a taste test on my dwindling supply of blueberry wine...hope to have a bottle or two left for Marie and Sarah to enjoy. Once they're took care of...I might share whatevers left with some of you fellow heathens! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...