Author Topic: Look what came in the post!  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
Re: Look what came in the post!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »
I have two stories for you SS

1. I was shooting my recurve with boo arrows, and my friend was shooting his new compound with sights-wheels-levels-lasers and a half dozen other toys I didn't recognize. We were both shooting spot on and so things got competitive and after a few equally matched competitions we decided to switch bows... I took his bow, ignored all the toys, drew it with my fingers (not his release) and started shooting ok groups...  He took my bow and couldn't hit the broadside of a barn
Lesson: Take away the toys and WE are better

2. One time I was bored so I took the 60lb compound that mom got at a garage sale and shot it at my target, I missed but the arrow went REALLY FAST and hit a rock and sent sparks flying
Lesson: fast things can be cool... I guess the first story had a better lesson ::)
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »
yes i reallise that, the guy who was shooting his recurve next to me was using his sight but when i asked to use it i ignored it because he had it set for him and i wouldn't wan't to go changing his settings, so instead i pulled it back  so the nock was at my nose, i was shooting 3 under and i aimed the arrow just above the target and sure enough got a group in the red.  he said "i guese some of us just have it and some of us don't" i can also shoot left handed but only with really light weight bows 20-30#. im acctually not to keen on the compound and i would probably only use it for it's pure power and speed. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline 4dog

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 02:15:37 am »
Maybe when ya get bored with that bow you can put a seat on it and ride it to your next hunt,maybe not.  lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline adb

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 03:06:24 am »
I thought you were broke?

Offline Joec123able

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 04:37:51 am »
Maybe when ya get bored with that bow you can put a seat on it and ride it to your next hunt,maybe not.  lol

Hahah now that's funny
I like osage

Offline adb

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 11:58:36 am »
If you have to pull a trigger, is it really archery?

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »
I am officially done reading anything with this kid's name on it .

Offline bow101

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 07:52:40 pm »
Lol, there is an old saying. Its not the qauntity or quality of tools that make the man, its what you can do with what you have.
Case in point I have read many posts about primitive hunters and shooters that really impress me, this is what's it about.. ;)
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell