Author Topic: Look what came in the post!  (Read 7488 times)

Offline Squirrelslayer

Re: Look what came in the post!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 09:20:41 pm »
I'm confused.  You took the time to post a thread with pictures about a bow that nobody on here will be that interested in, but you say you don't have time to post pictures of your finished hand crafted longbow that everybody was so impressed by, and expressed interest in seeing the finished thing.  Odd.
I was actually looking forward to seeing Squirrel's finished bow pics with the acrylic tips. Your form looks pretty good , maybe this is your new calling. I'll be more impressed with your ELB than your compound. Have fun with what you have though. Each to his own. I was confused with the not being able to see finished bow pics until after June 14th?!? Did it maybe break on you?

No the ELB is still in one piece (surprisingly) I was aloud a day off from my studys today because this arrived in the mail.  I thought I posted pics of the finished acrylic nocks and handle wrap?  SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 10:56:31 pm »
Lets get this to the campfire! It doesn't belong under bows
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:17 pm »
Believe it or not, you can shoot both.
Your form needs help, but now you can't blame a nine on anything but yourself.

However, you're right, I was expecting something related to primitive archery. maybe a tool or material to twist a string for your new longbow...
but not a precision mechanically advantaged stick launcher.  Mods will take care of it, of course, but try to keep things organised.
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 06:11:02 am »
 ??? ??? :o no comments.  :-\
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:54 am »
SS, are you home schooled?

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:51 am »
SS, are you home schooled?

Ermm. No, why? ???

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 08:28:43 am »
Like most home schooled people that I have been around, with few exceptions, are attention seekers.  With no ability to mengal with others because of limited and secluded mixing with others.  All about me.  Knowing this a primitive archer site, you post the other bows on here without even a consideration of what others think, but what I want to do instead.  You have proved beyond doubt that you don't care what others think or have any respect for people offering you help and suggestions.  You just keep digging your self into a deeper hole, and one that for me, you will never dig your self out of.

Have some respect boy.  It will get you farther than anything in life.

Offline Marks

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 12:27:42 pm »
Like most home schooled people that I have been around, with few exceptions, are attention seekers.  With no ability to mengal with others because of limited and secluded mixing with others.  All about me.  Knowing this a primitive archer site, you post the other bows on here without even a consideration of what others think, but what I want to do instead.  You have proved beyond doubt that you don't care what others think or have any respect for people offering you help and suggestions.  You just keep digging your self into a deeper hole, and one that for me, you will never dig your self out of.

Have some respect boy.  It will get you farther than anything in life.

Fair question but a bit harsh.

Don't let em get you down SS. I shoot a compound too and it is plenty of a challenge for someone just starting. This may not be the best place to post it up but everyone should be used to that by now. lol.

2 Hours to hit the target????? Those things are point and shoot. 

Offline Parnell

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 12:35:11 pm »
Geee...neat. ???
1’—>1’

Offline Roy

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:30 pm »
SS, ya sure that's a bow? Looks more like one of them TV Satellite Antennas with a lightning rod sticking up out of it..

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 02:04:09 pm »
2 Hours to hit the target????? Those things are point and shoot.

yeah i know but i took a while to get used to the release and also messing around with the sight. i also wrecked an arrow after it got stuck in a wooden pannel 1" thick it went an inch through it which means my arrow is now 2" shorter  :o but i have lots more aluminium arrows so it's not to bad. SS

also on YouTube

Offline Lemos

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 02:06:26 pm »
I get it Ss. Your a kid with a new toy and you want to show it off. Nothing wrong with that ,everyone has showed off their toys from trucks to guns and everything in between. I owned one once, didn't like it cause when the accuracy was off I never knew if it was me or the sight or rest or cam timing or any number of other things. With a simple stick and string once its tuned I know it's me. On a side note when do we get to see the finished bow you built

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 03:50:00 pm »
I get it Ss. Your a kid with a new toy and you want to show it off. Nothing wrong with that ,everyone has showed off their toys from trucks to guns and everything in between. I owned one once, didn't like it cause when the accuracy was off I never knew if it was me or the sight or rest or cam timing or any number of other things. With a simple stick and string once its tuned I know it's me. On a side note when do we get to see the finished bow you built

thanks for understanding, i know what you mean. i can pick up a longbow and within 10 mins hit my mark but with this compound i was all over the place. SS

also on YouTube

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:10 pm »
I understand too, cause  like to show off my new stuff. But next time instead of originally posting this in the bows section, and pissing a bunch of people off, post it in the correct section to begin with and only the people who care will respond. That way you can avoid some of these harsh marks people are giving you.

Jon

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 05:58:53 pm »
Dude, cool bow, but its usually better to shoot a bow WITHOUT training wheels :o :o :o :o
I cannot shoot a compound anymore, my accuracy is horrid...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"