Author Topic: PETA how interesting ...............  (Read 4263 times)

Offline coaster500

PETA how interesting ...............
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:37:56 pm »
From the Washington Times.........  Crazy's  :laugh:

There's plenty of laughter and a little sadness in the hunting community over an incident involving a deer that collided with an automobile driven by two animal rights campaigners who belong to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. The folks who worship at the altar of animals now want to sue a New Jersey game department over the incident, claiming it's the state's fault that it happened.
No, this is not an April Fool's joke April is still weeks away. Besides, our newspaper frowns on such things. This is the real deal.
On Feb.14, PETA legal counsel Matthew Penzer sent a letter to Bob McDowell, director of the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife, that said, "Pursuant to New Jersey state law, this will serve as notice that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Dan Shannon and Jay Kelly each reserves the right to bring an action for damages and/or injuries sustained in an automobile crash on November 16, 2001. Shortly before 1 o'clock in the morning on that date, while driving a Honda Civic belonging to PETA and while returning from a PETA [anti-hunt] campaigning tour, southbound on the New Jersey Turnpike, a deer darted out in front of the car and a collision resulted. The collision occurred at or near mile marker 15.4 in Woolwich Township, Gloucester County. Damage to the car was severe, resulting in a repair bill that exceeded $6,000.00 and loss of use of the car for nearly two months. The total amount of damages is, as yet, unknown.
"PETA, Mr. Shannon and Mr. Kelly believe that this collision, which occurred near the start of New Jersey's hunting season, was caused by the state's Department of Environmental Protection Fish and Wildlife Division and the Fish and Game Council as a result of their deer management program, which includes, in certain circumstances, an affirmative effort to increase deer populations. Despite the known dangers an increased deer population poses to motorists in the state, the Division and Council actively assist in increasing the deer population for the purpose of enhancing hunting opportunities and license revenues. The result, as was the case here, is a significant number of auto-deer collisions each year, causing significant injuries and property damage."
Penzer even went so far as to write a pretty good press release rehashing the deer vs. car incident that said, in part, "PETA saw red and it wasn't just the blood of the animal [that was] fleeing hunters' guns."
We have no idea where Penzer received his information about the deer fleeing hunters' guns. How could he know that, since even he said the crash occurred "near" the start of the New Jersey deer season. In other words, the hunt had not begun, so where are the deer "fleeing hunters' guns" coming from? And is he aware that during cool November days, a deer more often than not will be involved in chasing after a potential mate, not worrying so much about hunters.
On three separate occasions during the past deer rut, which normally coincides with the Maryland and Virginia hunting seasons that I participate in, I spotted bucks with their noses to the ground, ignoring everything and everybody as they followed the scent of a female. One of the bucks did this with such haste that I nearly collided with him 200 yards from my home a week before the gun season began. In other words, there were no hunters "chasing" anything, but we might have had a dead deer all the same.
Not only that, one must wonder whether PETA is aware that 99 percent of all deer hunters wait for their deer, not chase them, knowing that would be sheer folly. Additionally, when a hunter happens upon a deer and it runs off, it will stop running within a couple hundred yards, so the argument that a gun-carrying hunter was doing his thing before the season began and so close to one of the busiest highways in the nation is more than suspect.
Now here comes the inevitable Walt Disney-zation of animals: PETA says it "opposes the fear, the disruption of herd members' relationships and the bloodshed suffered by the deer on grounds of cruelty to animals."
Deer aren't much interested in an elephant-style mentality that includes deep, emotional care for related herd members. To talk of "relationships" among deer is stretching things. And as far as the bloodshed is concerned, it is indeed a pity that the deer died and nobody thought to try and save as many steaks and roasts as possible but instead allowed good venison to go to waste.
What a pity.

Look for Gene Mueller's Outdoors column every Sunday and Wednesday and his Fishing Report every Friday only in The Washington Times. E-mail: gmueller@washingtontimes.com.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2002/mar/10/20020310-040938-2026r/#ixzz2SoR2Uov9
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline ionicmuffin

Re: PETA how interesting ...............
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:58:00 pm »
PETA, people for eating tasty animals  :P this is funny, they aren't very smart if they think that its the states fault for a deer's actions. That would be like saying that we have control of the rain and tides ect...
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Roy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:58:48 pm »
Now that's funny, Kip:)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 02:41:37 pm »
Sad I think. I believe in animal rights, but dang PETA, get a grip, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 02:44:38 pm »
usually not a lot of guys hunting at 1 o'clock in the morning either
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline hatcha

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 02:54:00 pm »
I believe in animal rights.  They have the right to feed me, clothe me, etc. etc.

PETA can go suck the Big One!! 

As E. Donnall Thomas Jr. said in his book "How Sportsmen Saved The World" - PETA have never contributed a single red cent towards the upkeep, maintenance or rescue of wild animals' natural habitats (I'm paraphrasing there).  Basically, if it ain't a cute bunny or a puppy in a cage wearing lipstick and smoking 30 a day, PETA don't give a damn about it.

Shame really cos they generate so much money every year from tunnel-visioned donators that, if the higher levels of the business (cos that's what PETA is - a business) were ecologically-minded, they could have a hugely significant impact on game and it's various habitat requirements all throughout America.

But that's just my opinion.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 02:55:27 pm »

"PETA, Mr. Shannon and Mr. Kelly believe that this collision, which occurred near the start of New Jersey's hunting season, was caused by the state's Department of Environmental Protection Fish and Wildlife Division and the Fish and Game Council as a result of their deer management program, which includes, in certain circumstances, an affirmative effort to increase deer populations. Despite the known dangers an increased deer population poses to motorists in the state, the Division and Council actively assist in increasing the deer population for the purpose of enhancing hunting opportunities and license revenues.

I will readily admit, and those of you that have now met me will agree, I am not the brightest penny in a roll of quarters....but am I at fault for shooting deer or causing there to be too many deer? Weren't we the ones that they accused of practicing genocide on deer?  I thought genocide meant we were actively working to wipe 'em out?  Now we are guilty of not being good enough at our genocidal tendencies?

I'm gonna go get some deer jerky and chew on that while I try to get my head around this.  I might need an aspirin, too.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:24 pm »
I just smile whenever I see anything like this. The more crazy they sound, the less regular people will take them seriously.

Offline Marks

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »
Thats great. ;D The Game and Fish Dept is being sued by PETA for doing things to benefit and increase wildlife when in actuality the hunting season is there to kill and reduce the population of deer which in turn reduces the number of auto accidents which is typically what PETA spends so much time trying to disrupt. Hilarious. And on top of that they are assuming the deer was chased by hunters with guns across a highway in the middle of the night. And these hunters were trying to reduce the population of deer........I feel like I'm running in circles.

Lets not forget the real victims here. The poor deer mother who won't be able to recover her sons body from the highway so she can give him a proper burial. Shouldn't the PETA reps be charged with deer slaugter (similar to man slaughter of course)

This is the most Bass Ackward thing I've ever read.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 07:59:11 pm »
there is no common sense in this country anymore !  all of these people have way too much time on their hands to dream up things like that .

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:47 pm »
there is no common sense in this country anymore !  all of these people have way too much time on their hands to dream up things like that .
+1...
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:15 pm »
Always found it funny how a news team wanting to find "fact" would waste their time talking to such idiots. Look PETA is having a farting contest to save animals.......(news station) Now at the top of our news hour....PETA IS STAGING A FART IN FOR ANIMAL WELFARE!  Bottom of the hour....we have now confirmed they are bottling this gas to save for cremations of their "NON-KILL" shelter Peta runs, of course this is done in a ethical manner! :laugh:

VMB
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always found it funny how a news team wanting to find "fact" would waste their time talking to such idiots. Look PETA is having a farting contest to save animals.......(news station) Now at the top of our news hour....PETA IS STAGING A FART IN FOR ANIMAL WELFARE!  Bottom of the hour....we have now confirmed they are bottling this gas to save for cremations of their "NON-KILL" shelter Peta runs, of course this is done in a ethical manner! :laugh:

VMB
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 11:41:28 pm »
I make a wonderful chili with pork, beans, and roasted green chilis.  When and where is this supposed "Fart-Off!"

I'm willing to collect sponsors, show up, and blow away the competition!

What are the criteria?  Intensity?  Volume?  Ability to curdle milk at 40 paces? Sheer flammability?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 02:22:56 am »
Jw,

Yes, flamibilty is a huge factor in this, the added spices will come in handy as well.......As breaklng news is in from the field........"Peta has decided to send these precooked dogs and cats straight to north korea..... to end the suffering of the people, and to end their fine leaders attempts to send us oven technology. We now owe PETA a debt of gratitude! Thanks PETA!....Finally a respectful ATTEMPT at being human......well, that's it folks from the field....we CAN work all together after all!" :laugh: :laugh:

VMB
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:26:08 am by vinemaplebows »
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.