Author Topic: New Bow  (Read 1906 times)

Offline swimbill

New Bow
« on: April 22, 2013, 06:57:05 pm »
This is my first attempt at a r/d style bow.  Made of 2 strips of hickory laminated in a form.  It is 70 ntn and draws 40# at 29".  I originally had a riser on it but it was starting to pop off so I cut it off and went for a bend through the handle bow.  The nock overlays are Ipe.  The backing is construction paper with a snake skin pattern, thought it would look good.  I put on the simple leather handle wrap and a floppy arrow rest.  Shoots great no sound and pretty fast.  Comments and critiques welcome
Thanks for looking
Swimbill

http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/swimbill/media/bow2_zps6fc4b946.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=2

blackhawk

Re: New Bow
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:30 pm »
Since you went thru all the steps to get it uploaded on photo bucket,all you have to do is copy n paste the IMG code  ...got any more pics?

Offline swimbill

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:59:26 pm »
there are 5 pics in the photobucket file, not sure how to get them to show on the forum
Swimbill

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:52 pm »
If its just me, that looks a lot too round in the handle.
How does it shoot? I predict it has lots of hand-shock.

I like the snakeskin backing!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:26:14 pm by Thesquirrelslinger »
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline Thesquirrelslinger

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:25:55 pm »

Here you go. I did not repost the first one.
Just type [im g] [/im g] without the spaces, right click image, click copy image URL, paste between the [img ] and [/img ] and you are ready to go.

-Squirrel
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Offline swimbill

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »
Thanks, by the way shoots great no hand shock I did have it braced to low the first time I shot it and it slapped the heck out of my wrist.
Swimbill

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 10:52:54 pm »
You don't have to type in anything...go click on the "image links" pull down,and 4 different URLs will be available... copy n paste the "IMG code"....easy peasy...

Offline Josh B

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:38:56 pm »
That's a beauty Bill! The tiller looks good to me!  Josh

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »
Squirrelslinger, I think the tiller looks different because it is a deflex reflex design with a bendy handle. If you look at pics of D/R bows they tend to look stiff in the outer limbs and bendy in the middle compared to a simple straight stave design. Someone let me know if I am off-base with that statement.

Bow looks good. Anyone would be proud to shoot that one.

Offline swimbill

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 11:59:01 am »
Thanks for the help with pictures and the comments, Gun Doc the next bow in the works is from the osage stave I got from you in a trade.  Will post pics when done.

swimbill

Offline Josh B

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:24 am »
Looking forward to seeing it Bill!  If I can help any along the way, don't hesitate to give me a holler!  Josh