Author Topic: Coffee on you camp trips(updated from the Classic)  (Read 9185 times)

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Coffee on you camp trips
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »
Funny.  I'm the WORST coffee addict at home but I don't like drinking it when I'm in camp.  I have to admit that I chew on sticks and stuff when I'm going through the withdrawal but after a day or two I'm fine.

It depends on the weather, though.  I HATE hot drinks in summer.  Winter is different.  I might drink coffee to warm up.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 07:58:40 pm »
You can add some Egg Shell to you Cowboy Coffee pot to help the process as well...

I also bring The Starbuck's Instant coffee packets along...
To add to my Cowboy Coffee...

If it Cain't Strip Paint, Degreese Berrings and Blow the Plug outa your Gun Barrel... well it just ain't coffee.   O:)
Floating horse shoes is optional.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »
That is just about how I would describe Starbucks Coffee....about as bad as you can get....lol.  Did I tell you I hate Starbucks Coffee?

Offline Roy

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 12:23:17 am »
Charlie, just shut up and shoot your damn bow, Boy:) They sell coffee at the classic... I'll call Pappy and have him deliver coffee to your tent every morning, before your old a$$ is even out of bed.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:36:30 am by Roy »

Offline cracker

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2013, 10:24:33 am »
Dang Roy you're hammering on poor ol Charlie pretty hard. If you need help Charlie let me know I got you're back.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2013, 01:09:20 pm »
Cracker, put Roy at the top of your "Wacking list".  You know how those boy's from up around PA (only directed at Roy here) are, they can not call them selves northerners, and can not be a true southerner, so he gets loud, and all macho and stuff.  And since he only has five more days in the work force before retiring and pestering his beautiful wife every day, he is just talking out of his head.  You know, no place to call home now.....lol. 

And besides you ole coot, Pappy don't deliver, he gets delivery to himself from all of us....so there.  If you would come out of hiding now and then you would know that ole boy >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline cracker

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2013, 10:45:46 pm »
Charlie ol buddy I don't know how to break this to you but anything north of the TN  border is a yankee. Lot of good brothers up thar but they be yanks. ;)
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 08:42:25 am »
LOL......Not Roy, trust me.  Sixty five years old, and they still have no idea what he is. >:D

Offline Roy

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 08:54:23 am »
I'm 64 Charlie ole boy:) Soon to be 65...

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 09:02:23 am »
lol.....you will get there....real quick...lol

Offline stringstretcher

Re: Coffee on you camp trips(updated from the Classic)
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 04:36:12 pm »
I had a lot of good suggestions on my camp coffee making equipment, and thanks to all for the suggestions.  I used my french press while at the classic and really really enjoyed a cup of coffee made the way I like it.

When I arrived at the classic and Matt and his wife Heather and family showed up, a short time later he told me he had something for me.  So I went to his spread and he pulled out this.

Matt I don't know how to thank you and your family.  I have it in my kitchen right now, going to clean it good and see what happens.  I am sure you, your family and I will share many a cup of coffee made with the help of your gift.  Thank you so very very much.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »
Oh Charlie, that is one nice addition to a camp!  Ain't them 'Wicki's good folk?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »
I like Pappys coffe just fine an he gets up half hour before me ;D Now about this yankee thing. I don't know about southern Pa.  where Roy is from but in North Western Pa. we are red neck yankees and awfully proud of it.  ;D ;D :o Bob

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »
LOL....Outbackbob.  Yeah Pappy's coffee was good when I was too lazy to make mine.  No matter where anyone is from when it comes to the classic, we are all one big family for sure.

Offline stringstretcher

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »
By the way Bob, you finished my point yet?...lol