Author Topic: osage d bow  (Read 2349 times)

Offline osagejack

osage d bow
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:53:12 am »
this bow tiller not finished yet,havent made one of these in 20years,, a eastern woodland type bow,, I made this one for our all natural bow set that some of us are going to shoot at classic,i added some reflex which I have never done to one of these  still holding inch and a half,,also first time I used osage instead of hickory its 69 in ntn  inch and a quarter wide to one in at tips,

Offline raghorns

Re: osage d bow
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 10:58:04 am »
Simple and sweet....I would like to do one of these at the Classic...maybe I can get some pointers?

Lyle
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline osagejack

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 11:11:40 am »
 these bows are simple to make and they don't require much wood,,thats why I don't ever throw away skinny pieces of wood,,there great for d bows and kids bows,

Offline Eastman

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:17 pm »
there's nothing as cool as a simple,clean stick and string
''The joy is great of him who strays, in shady woods on summer days, With eyes alert and muscles steady , His long-bow strung, his arrows ready''  -Maurice Thompson

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 01:35:03 pm »
If I make it to the classic I want to shoot with you guys doing all natural. Just made my first rawhide string and can not wait to string it up on something. Nice simple bow!

Offline osagejack

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:33:29 pm »
I like to use squrriel hide for string makes a tougher string and smaller dia,,,I have heard a small ground hog makes a good one ,,we don't have many here in mountians

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 08:29:09 am »
Looks good Mike,now where is the money shot. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good