Author Topic: Firearm ammunition question  (Read 14563 times)

Offline vinemaplebows

Re: Firearm ammunition question
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:22 pm »
REDICULIOUS PRICES!! HAVE AT IT! ;D
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2013, 09:10:38 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D 33.99 ant that high, it was almost 20 before this all started for 550 box :) :) around here it's 15.00/16.00 for 100 count.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:28 am »
I was in Gander Mountain yesterday, they had about 10, 50 round boxes of 22 ammo on the shelf. If they were placed in the proper place and not just randomly thrown on the shelf the price tag under them said $24.98. I need some, but not that bad.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 10:35:30 am »
I have enough bullets to keep the varmints at bay for now so I am not joining the madness.  I know one thing for sure though - the next time the prices come down and the shelves are all stocked and the party politics swings the other way - I am going to invest.  I am kicking my own ass for not making a fortune through this silly episode.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline coaster500

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 10:38:50 am »
Just a suggestion for those who have high powered rifles and want to plink. I reload and many moons ago got a good supply of lead for casting. I cast rifle load a few grain of pistol powder (10/12 grains of Unique and 125 grain cast bullet, 1600 fps...just one recipe) and hunt small game with my deer rifle. You want to be a crack shot with a deer rifle give it a try. Not as cheap as 22 ammo used to be but sure fun and I've got enough lead and powder to last a long time..............  I've killed countless rabbits and squirrels with my 30/06, 32 Winchester, 270 WSM, etc with very little meat damage.....  sorry to get off track???
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 03:38:12 pm »
I was thinking along the same lines Coaster!
My Hornet is way cheaper for now than these prices for 22 shells being posted on here !
I may never have to buy shells again ! By the way its all ready been close to 10  years since I have bought any shells to speak of !
Have fun folks !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Olanigw (Pekane)

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »
As long as we have a supply of primers, my old man and I have enough 00 buckshot and powder to make more "rat loads" than we'll ever need
"Good enough" is the enemy of great
PN501018

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:10 pm »
Here in NY black powder is almost impossible to get,round balls and percussion caps are getting scarce.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.
On the way home I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my truck and said in a very sexy voice,
"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in trading some lovin' for ammo?"

I thought a few seconds and asked, "what kinda ammo ya got?"   >:D

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Primalartz

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 12:13:09 am »
Lower Alabama is dried up with the exception of 12gauge turkey loads :(. I have not seen a brick of 22's in 2 months.
Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 12:35:39 am »
Bout the only good way to buy BP is in bulk, $14.90 a pound to your door if you buy 25lbs, places like Powder Inc will fix you up. Usually you can find a few friends interesting in splitting a case.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 12:59:59 am »
Here in NY(I'm starting to sound like a broken record) it's illegal to have more than 5lbs. in your possession.
Are'nt politicians wonderful?And I would not be suprised to find out that powder Inc. will not ship to NY.
Here's another good one, throwing stars are illegal in NY but throwing knives are OK. ???

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 01:25:11 am »
This morning I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo.
On the way home I stopped at the gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.

She looked at the ammo in the back of my truck and said in a very sexy voice,
"I'm a big believer in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in trading some lovin' for ammo?"

I thought a few seconds and asked, "what kinda ammo ya got?"   >:D

-gus

What caliber you get?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline sleek

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:28 am »
Gus, your killin me! ( Insert Big Bore rounds jokes that really ought not be said here... )
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline TRACY

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2013, 09:54:16 am »
You da man Gus ;D

I was at the local Walmart yesterday and the guy in sporting goods said that they get ammo in every night at 7pm and stock it late at night when ammo can't be sold until 6 am. Then by 7 am it is gone. Also no 22's here except for 22 mags.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956