Author Topic: "Red Streak"  (Read 12480 times)

blackhawk

Re: "Red Streak"
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »
Thanks Matt....I used dry heat to bend the curves on this one...gotta bend slow n easy in stages with dry heat to get this much bend without getting any cracks...steam is usually easier and safer for newer folks

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
That's just plain awesome!

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 07:46:15 pm »
Thanks.  I used to be a luthier so I have done a lot of both, but never on anything so thick. I really appreciate it man ;D

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:07 pm »
   I see it finally dried out seabass. lol . I told you it was sweet...

Offline seabass

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »
you got that right Bob,it turned out sweet.i am taking it to twin oaks on march 15 and shoot the course with it.it is going to be great.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 04:04:15 am »
Darn brother I really need to stop by and see your recent bows in person.  I'm in GA for 10 days starting Sat so I can't make the 10 but I'll touch base with you after that.  Great work man, I feel like a slacker.  ;)
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 04:50:02 am »
Now that's what I'm talking about.54"....The old bendy handle R/D winner winner chicken dinner profile.Love it.Would it take the 28" draw you think?Bet it would.I know with sinew and horn it darn well would.That's a bow to take along with the FG boys on a 3D course and listen to em mumble and wonder.Goodnight Irene and lights out.Love the curves and profile on this one Chris.Does it feel like it bends much in the handle?By the looks of it I'd say not much.You sure got that heat tweaking gun procedure under control.I was wondering when someday you would show some bridges on a bow you finish.Super job Chris.I just finished and am shooting in a 58 and 1/2" NTN maple about a 60/40 ratio with sinew and horn as soon as this darn snow storm moves on here in southern Iowa.No pictures but it's for real.With the less mass weight of the white wood it's starting to impress me.Glad I woke up to check the snowfall here to see this.Thanks for sharing.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

blackhawk

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 07:54:54 am »
Thanks rob....hope we get to hang out soon...its been awhile bro  :)

Thanks ed...I bet it wood take a 30" draw no prob...just might take a lil more set...I do see and have one already chased n cut out that I plan on sinewing...maybe I should put the horn on too n really draw the reflex outta it ;) NA..ill start with just the sinew on osage first....the bend does creep up into the handle but not much,and most my bend is mid limbs or so....the bridges were inevitable huh? Hope you will be able to post the maple sinew n horn bow..id sure like to see that puppy ;)

Offline WoodMunkey157

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 09:32:31 am »
Exquisite.