Author Topic: Thin super glue  (Read 1485 times)

Offline kinslayer1965

Thin super glue
« on: February 22, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »
Hey just wondering where you guys get your super glue? The gentleman on the rattlestick video said he gets it from his limber supply. My only "lumber " supply places are Lowes and Home depot. It seems to be used quite frequently in the post that I have read.

Three other questions:

Am I the only person who to read Gordon's build alongs over and over?

If the person who keeps outbidding me for osage staves on ebay happens to read this will you please stop torturing me???? :o :o

The only trees in my neighborhood that the land owners all want cut down and removed seem to be carrotwood and brazillian pepper trees. Are either of these worth trying?

Go Danica and Carl

Clifford
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Thin super glue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »
I just bought a tube of super glue from Lowe's. You can buy it almost anywhere and the brand doesn't matter as far as I am concerned. The cheap stuff works just as well.
 I'm not familiar with carrotwood or pepper tree so I can't help you there.
  I would love it if Danica won.  8)  and I don't give a hoot about NASCAR.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:57:28 pm »
I get my superthin, thin, and gel superglues at a local hobby store.  They carry the Zap-a-Gap line of superglues at several hardware stores in this area as well as the big box stores. 

If you are in a fix and need some superthin, lemme know and I can run some down for you.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Maxspin

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »
+1 for the local hobby store

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »
My first choice is always the one-off local stores, I only shop big national chains when forced to do so.  I may pay a little more, but the service is worth it and more of my dollars stay local, too.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 05:09:22 pm »
kinslayer1965,

"If the person who keeps outbidding me for osage staves on ebay happens to read this will you please stop torturing me?"

Since we can't see the names of who we are bidding against, what's your rating? If I see it might possibly be you I'll lay off ;D

Seriously I subscribe to bow staves and osage and receive email alerts every morning. If it's what I'm looking for I'll place 1 bid early for what I'm willing to pay and if I get outbid, no biggie. I'm only bidding on one right now and may have to up the ante because it has "free shipping". So if thats you bidding against me, I may try to scalp this one. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline kinslayer1965

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »
Pat, Fred, JW & Maxspin

Thanks for the replys.

I have actually finished my first red oak bow and while it shoots quite nice (at least for the first hundred arrow or so) it is far from being pretty to look at so I am going to try to clean it up some in the finishing process. Super glue seems to be popular for sealing any kind of skin or fabric backing prior to the true oil.

;D ;D Not sure on my rating. Kind of new to the ebay thing as well. The one I am biddin on is shown leaning on a blue lawnchair.  :D :D It does not seem to be free shipping either.....hhmmmm gotta go....... ;)

Thanks again.

Clifford
"a man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep"

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »
I have been getting Loctite liquid superglue from Lowes.  For the same price as the tubes, you get a small blue bottle that contains quite a bit of glue.  It sticks very good also.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Weylin

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:39:35 pm »
I got sick of buying small containers of super glue all the time so i went to woodcrafters and bought 10 oz. superthin CA glue for 30$. It was a lot to drop all at once just for some glue but it is significantly cheaper in bulk like that.