Author Topic: sorry everyone  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: sorry everyone
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »
Accepted.  Feel free to keep us posted on your adventures, just keep the fictional stuff for that novel that you should be writing ;)

In case you can't tell from the font of my writing, I'm just jerkin your chain a bit.  The other guys have set you straight.  What you do with their advice is up to you.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Maturity doesn't happen over night.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:14 am »
When people post stuff like that I just ignore it and hope it gets lost in the old pages. I don't spend as much time making bows and shooting them as I would like, but when I don't have any stories to tell I just don't post
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline johnston

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 03:15:03 am »
If you look back a few years you will notice that some truly awesome folks with over a
thousand posts just ain't here anymore. Maybe got burnt out maybe still lurk, I don't know.

But...the current regulars are just as good and that shows you that a lot of different
people over the years have put in the time and effort to learn the bow craft and are willing
to give free advice on just about anything you think you need to know. Quality advice.

Some people have given you a thumb up and some a thumb down. Me, well hell, I don't care.
I hope you come around and act decent but if you don't it really doesn't matter. You'll
be gone like a fart in a whirlwind and will not be missed at all.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:15 am »
If you look back a few years you will notice that some truly awesome folks with over a
thousand posts just ain't here anymore. Maybe got burnt out maybe still lurk, I don't know.

But...the current regulars are just as good and that shows you that a lot of different
people over the years have put in the time and effort to learn the bow craft and are willing
to give free advice on just about anything you think you need to know. Quality advice.

Some people have given you a thumb up and some a thumb down. Me, well hell, I don't care.
I hope you come around and act decent but if you don't it really doesn't matter. You'll
be gone like a fart in a whirlwind and will not be missed at all.

Lol! You summed it up quite nicely Lane!  Josh

Offline iowabow

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:41 am »
Only lie about where you caught that big fish everything else is about integrity. It takes a life time to create a good reputation and a second to destroy it. You can bank on this but you can think of this post as really big loan. Some will take a risk with you other will not. Your credit really needs work! You can't buy integrity you have to earn it by staying true to yourself and others this will require self discipline.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:12 am »
Hey Squirrelly.....I think you are showing some humility and thats good. Without it no one is worth five cents and you can't learn a thing if your to proud to admit you don't know. . Appology accepted from me. I think that we should all be willing to forgive but forgeting sometimes is a little tougher for some than others. The  key thing is that you follow through and keep your word and keep it real. Over time even those that have a hard time forgetting will see by your growth that you meant it and it will be a thing of the past.
  I agree on the maple stave, keep it cuz you'll need it. Get you an oak board like suggested and start the journey. We all started somewhat that way. Its a journey worth taking thats for sure.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline bushboy

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:32 am »
brace up young man!don't forget to give the old dogs something!if you were here igive you a nugie!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 09:07:47 pm »
  WE ALL HAVE STRONG OPINIONS, DO AND SAY THING DIFFERENTLY
  I'm guilty as you or likely more.
  Don't sweat it untill the shooting starts.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 12:19:00 am »
 ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi