Author Topic: glue compatibility  (Read 2629 times)

Offline possum

glue compatibility
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:28:12 pm »
Not for arrows or finishes.  I'm wondering if Titebond III will work for gluing down edges and air pockets on a snakeskinned bow that was glued with hide glue.

thanks, possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: glue compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:37:07 pm »
I use TBIII on the last course of sinew on "Elkie" the bow in the article I wrote for the latest PA. I use it to hold down where the sinew lifted from the bows back too. They are compatible and should work fine.
   I believe with hide glue, you can heat the area up a bit and the glue will become soft and you can wrap the area down until it dries. I've never done it but I read it somewhere. If this is the case, you won't have to add another component.       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline adb

Re: glue compatibility
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 04:56:22 pm »
Hi,
Warm, moist heat will reactivate the hide glue, and it should restick. Wrap it with ace bandage or string until it dries.