Author Topic: Keep tillering?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Cloudfeather

Keep tillering?
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:54 am »
When I had originally finished this bow it was pulling in the ballpark of 50# at what I though was around 26-27". Well, since I've made my double pulley weighing rig. I come to find that it's pulling 66# @ 24". The question is, do I keep tillering it out to my full draw or leave it as is? I think if I tillered it further, it would be conducive to my shooting form, but it shoots really well at a short draw. Any suggestions?

Offline Arrowind

Re: Keep tillering?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:48 am »
Were you comfortable shooting It before?  If so leave it.  Looks really cool by the way. 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:53 am »
Yea, the weight doesn't bother me. I just don't want to inadvertently hinder my form or accuracy. I guess getting 66# out of a 52ntn bow isn't half bad. lol

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 01:09:54 am »
Are you kidding?  That's AWESOME!
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:05 am »
This is just a thought.  But if you have been shooting 50 lbs comfortably and just 16 lbs, I would think you form would be really bad.  I think I would check your scale out to make sure it is on before taking the bow out farther???

blackhawk

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:56:58 am »
The only thing id reduce is those warclub tips.....you can easily lose an ounce off of each lever...and when bows are measured in ounces it will afford you more fps and less possible thump in your hand. If levers are too fat and bulky they afford you no advantage and will be no faster than just a simple straight stick. I see you have an exposed knot in one,but you can still easily remove woe around and past it. How wide are your levers?

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:15:13 pm »
Blackhawk- From belly to back or from side to side?

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 05:30:36 pm »
You can prob reduce both width and thickness...but I don't know for sure unless I know how wide your levers are??

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
I reduced em down. The thickness is about 5/8 and the width tapers from about 1.25" at beginning of fade, 1" at end of fade(2 inch long fade) and tapers to roughly 3/8 at the tip. Looks much sleeker now.

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 09:03:12 pm »
What the tips looks like now...

blackhawk

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 09:43:14 pm »
That's looking better...you can afford to take a lil more width off up near the lever fade...I make my lever fades only 1 1/2" long in the transition...and at the end you can easily still go 3/4" wide..and id at least get it to 7/8" for sure and shorten the fade length to 1 1/2".....that area is usually where all the bulk of the levers are...and trying to get that transition area thinned down is crucial...but only go as far as your comfortable....some guys just don't have the guts and nerve to take em down as far as they should....as far as optimal performance goes if that's what you want.....and they can still be plenty durable at optimal mass

Offline Cloudfeather

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
I might shorten the fade some to give me a little more flexing limb, but I'm hesitant about thinning the fade area too much and ruining the ends of my snake skins. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »
I think it is a pretty sweet looking bow.  I like it.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II