Author Topic: Got an osage character bow made for me, well? (couple questions) pics/new vid!  (Read 3911 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Fill those cracks with thin superglue until they won't hold any more to be on the safe side.

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
Hahaha, you guys are cracking me up.  I seriously didn't know you couldn't hold a wood bow back for a while.  I have never done that on my 64# yew ELB or my 58# osage ELB cause of the weight.  40ish is just so easy.  Whoops!  Did I miss the blurb about it in TBB?  LoL I like the name 'Won't Blow' sounds like a cheeky Anglicized indian name.  "Dura" I think is a great one and has a feminine ring.

Offline sleek

Wont blow.... sounds like a bad indian hooker name...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
A bad indian hooker indeed.  Not going with that one, dont want to insult the maker.  Well just shot her for the first time since the 'mega long draw'.  It's about 50*F outside.  She performed beautifully.  'Dura' will be her name.  I think I'm gonna put some snake skins on her, maybe cottonmouth if I can kill one on the river.  Think Ill do the superglue in the belly crack also, just for insurance.

Offline k-hat

do one better and kill the cottonmouth with the bow...how poetic ;)

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
Re: short vid of practice shot added!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »
Got some practice in with "Dura" today.  It was 50 degrees out and after I braced her up she did great, even after the "mega long hold" in the last vid.  I think she passed the test.  She shoots so nice, right on target.  Seems like a quick little bow.  A joy to shoot.  Here's a quick vid of a 15 yard double lung shot on the 3D deer target, hehe:

http://youtu.be/gId_4_PNaiA

Offline Barefoot_Jake

• "I don't regard nature as a spectator sport."
Re: short vid of practice shot added!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 02:33:01 am »
Got some practice in with "Dura" today.  It was 50 degrees out and after I braced her up she did great, even after the "mega long hold" in the last vid.  I think she passed the test.  She shoots so nice, right on target.  Seems like a quick little bow.  A joy to shoot.  Here's a quick vid of a 15 yard double lung shot on the 3D deer target, hehe:

http://youtu.be/gId_4_PNaiA

Seems like your really havin fun with that bow!  ;) dang I didnt know it  got down to 50 degrees up in Tallahassee.
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 1 John 3:11 KJV

Need any help with anything? I will gladly try to help you

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
Lol yeah I sure am.  I think this bow will make meat.  Yeah cold here sometimes, it's really south Georgia. 

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
I like it. Very nice. I don't see any problems except for the long hold. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Nice bow but there are a couple of issues with it.  First the leather handle looks a bit....odd but that's just my personal opinion.  Then there's a bit of a flat spot mid limb lower limb.  The long hold time is not the best.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline sleek

No chance the flat spot is from character when it was a stave?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline nineworlds9

• Toxophile
The maker told me the stave had a lot of interesting undulations and a few kinks in the grain, hence a couple spots that look hingy/ flat- said his brain hurt a few times during the build.  I don't mind the small grip lends itself well to a minimal hold two finger/thumb type.