Author Topic: Li'l oak bow for tha nephew.  (Read 7889 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Li'l oak bow for tha nephew.
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:07:16 pm »
He's going to be 12 early part of Nov. After seeing his enthusiasm toward archery at the family reunion this past summer - I decided he needed one for himself. While everybody else was tied up with volleyball, horseshoes, swimmin etc, etc, he kept bugging me to string up a bow so he could shoot - all day ;D ;D.
 It has a few bells a whistles - not a great performer I don't imagine, but he won't care (look out neighborhood dogs and cats, hehe). 60" N/N, 35#'s @ 26". Backed with one of my old cotton Tshirts, cedar tip overlays, RIT dye on belly. Will post full draw after he's gotten it - coupla weeks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cowboy

Re: Li'l oak bow for tha nephew.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 05:08:38 pm »
Couple more.

[attachment deleted by admin]
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Beleg813

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 05:49:10 pm »
She's a beauty Cowboy--and if your nephew doesn't like it (which would be next to impossible) I'll take it :D

a finnish native

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19:22 pm »
very very nice. 8)
 how much set has it taken? From the original shape I mean (not necessarily string follow)

Offline Dane

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 06:44:20 pm »
Cowboy, that is one lucky kid. Where were you when I was his age? He is going to treasure that bow forever.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 08:05:45 pm »
The color combo is great, really nice looking bow.
VB

tradrick

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 08:32:43 pm »
Great looking bow Cowboy.A tee shirt,you really can back'em with anything can't ya.tradrick

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 09:37:29 pm »
Cowboy:  Was it a lumber yard oak board or did you cut it yourself?  Either way it's a beauty.   Like I said in another post, "you're an animal".  You can build them faster than I can type about it.    :'( 

Your nephew is a lucky young lad.

Otoe

So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline white wood

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 11:15:28 pm »
wow! beautiful little bow youve built there! the colors look great together, what color dye is the belly? your nephew is going to have smile from ear to ear when he sees that bow! -whitewood
Jesse Buzzell
 Gorham, Maine

Offline cowboy

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 11:44:31 pm »
Thanks everybody - yeah, we'll see if we can get a smile out of him soon :). This is a peice of a red oak I cut down about a year ago and roughed out roughly, I crushed the belly a little then (not knowing better) and so it remains today, hehe - Prolly between the two and three inch range, I didn't measure it. We'll see on the backing, shirt was pretty worn out. Think the dye was burgundy - good to see ya back Jesse.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 12:22:15 am »
Great looking bow Paul. It is all worth it to see that smile that is bigger than the arc of a 60" longbow when they draw it for the first time.  Good work.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline heavybow

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:39:23 am »
A very nice looking bow. marlon

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 05:45:40 am »
Sweet bow,very nice .he should love that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 08:09:47 am »
I bet yer gonna be his favorite Uncle that can do now wrong ;D
Nice bow cowboy.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 08:11:11 am »
Thanks fellers, think I may give it to him early (before I have to hit tha road again).