Author Topic: Buckthorn Bombshell  (Read 11593 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Buckthorn Bombshell
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:12:54 pm »
So many things to say about this bow and the wood used. First off thanks Cody (Misslemaster) my friend for a lovely piece of wood. This is the most photogenic bow I have ever made. Hence the pile of pics to follow. This bow feels, draws and shoots like yew. Its even very light in physical weight. It works like no other wood Ive used, very unique and very easy to keep tools where you want them. I used all hand tools and no pencils, "Twisted Limbs style" if you will. A drawknife, my beloved Shinto and a handemade scraper is all I used from stave to shooting. It was pure joy and easy on the arms. This bow is 61" ntn, 50 @ 26", 1 1/4" wide and the tips are water buffalo horn. The limb with the kink and hole is the upper. Its also the wavey limb in the side views. Its a complete pleasure for me to stare at, fondle, and of course shoot. I love buckthorn, look out HHB! Somebody is on your butt for second place on my list! Enjoy the pics and any and all comments welcome. Thanks for peeking, and thanks again Cody for such a great chunk of wood.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:17:21 pm by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Buckthorm Bombshell
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »
A few more.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
Last few..

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »
Hopefully my pics are getting good enough that CLINT stays off my butt about it!

Offline Roy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »
Very sharp Dude.

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21:39 pm »
wow Chris,that is a stunner.that is a great looking bow.i am going to get with Cody and get me a stick of that wood.good job brother.
Middletown,Ohio

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
That turned out sweet pal  :)....unfortunately mine went boom yesterday   :-\

Offline coaster500

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 07:26:58 pm »
Drums!!!     It's the Bomb allright...  even looks like Yew ...  tiller looks great!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:18:16 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:31:34 pm »
I couldnt stop thinking about Gordon the whole build, no, Im not stalking you Gordon. I just admire your bows a great deal and this one just looked like one you would build right from the start. It motivated me. I just noticed my crap finish job on the upper overlay, you can see a line of glue.....stinkin' camera's anyway!

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »
some nice charachter you got there, a great bow and i love that tip! SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »
When I obsess about minute superglkue lines at my tips people call me crazy. I understand man. ;)

Bang up bow nonetheless.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline rps3

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:40 pm »
That is quite a testimonial for buckthorn. Full draw looks sweet.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »
That's a truly beautiful bow.  That heart wood is gorgeous!!!  It appears to be holding some reflex very well too...

OneBow

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:10:54 pm »
Sweet, Pearl! 8)
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline TacticalFate

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »
You kept most of the cambium on, or is that stain?