Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress  (Read 565972 times)

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
Re: 2013 Bow Trade Works In Progress
« Reply #975 on: March 25, 2013, 09:03:39 am »
Nice bows...Pappy n Paul. Somebody's gonna be happy, happy, happy!! :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:22:05 am by lesken2011 »
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline rps3

« Reply #976 on: March 25, 2013, 10:10:44 am »
"Nice bows...Pappy n Paul. Somebody's gonna by happy, happy, happy!!"

I second that.

blackhawk

« Reply #977 on: March 25, 2013, 10:16:43 am »
Awesome guys...thanks for posting pics of your progress...

I need to get humping on mine..but I'll be taking it slow..n work on it here n there...;)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #978 on: March 25, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »
Yea Pappy, my kind of meat maker :)

I like it!!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #979 on: March 25, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »
That is looking sweet Pappy.    Coaster, it looks like you took care of the problem to me.  That thing is gorgeous, and I would be more than happy to receive it. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Stringman

« Reply #980 on: March 25, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
Lots a top shelf work floating around on this post. Hope I can step up my end game and "fit in".

Scott

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #981 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:42 pm »
Broke out a stave yesterday but ran into a nasty defect when i got the back worked down. Think i can still get a bow out of it but not what im after for this trade. >:(

Hopefully i can find time to start again this weekend. I have a quarter of an osage log that i cut at least 8 years ago that im going to break out. Im sure the KING wont let me down. ;D
Steve Bennett

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #982 on: March 26, 2013, 02:50:11 pm »
I shipped my bow out today. It's finally heading west and should be there Thursday.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #983 on: March 26, 2013, 03:41:23 pm »
West? Im east of you Dave.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #984 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:56 pm »
Well here's a sad story, but one with a happy ending I believe.   :)

I sent my trade bow out last week.  I was at the Expedition when I yelled towards the house and asked polite as can be for my bride to bring out the bow in the library with the black bow sock wrapped around it so I could ship it out.  She being such a wonderful lady done me the favor.  I shipped the bow along with a few items inside to a fellow in Texas.  Well I was at Twin Oaks last weekend and I pulled another bow out to shot our practice range and almost had a heart attack when I seen the bow I was to send in the bow trade come making it's way outa that black bow sock.  I forgot I had two black bow socks.  So I ponder for a moment and I call quick like to the fellow I was doing the trade with and he chuckled at me because he had a very fine bow Will had made me sitting in his living room in ole Texas!  I offered up my apologizes's and he said no problem and he'd send me ole Will's bow back to Tennessee and I'd send him the one I made back in return.  I plan to send the one I made for him this week.   :)

I guess the moral of the story is always make sure you s3end the right item to the right person, when going to the Post Office.

I told the guys at Twin Oaks my mistake and they all had a good laugh at my expense, that was justly due of course.  I for sure made a mistake, but I believe it will all work out in the end.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline JLoranger

• JLoranger Illustration
« Reply #985 on: March 26, 2013, 06:07:41 pm »
Shipped last night. My recipient should have it in hand Friday or Saturday depending on the whole Easter thing.
Giving it your best effort is what anyone should expect.

blackhawk

« Reply #986 on: March 26, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »
Oh my Jon....what a story.....you know your never gonna hear the end of it from those guys too...lol....glad you got it all worked out....yeeesh.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #987 on: March 26, 2013, 08:05:35 pm »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar thing happen in the trad on TG except I was the one that was shipped the wrong bow ..... Dang it was a nice son of a gun to!!!!

I shipped it back to my panicked builder and it should be there today...

Hey stuff happens and the older I get the more it does :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline bushboy

« Reply #988 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:37 pm »
K,got bout 400 through her and not a peep,final tiller check would be great!got 10# to play if need be.this is only my 2nd molly and this one is pretty short!thx's!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline Cardboard_Duck

• Winter Haven, FL
« Reply #989 on: March 26, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »
Nice bow bushboy! You sure are good at making ducks with your hand  >:D

I'm just drooling over all of these bows lately just hoping one is coming my way :) Both my wife and the mail lady are getting sick of me asking if I have any packages...
>>>---------->