Linked Events

• A central KY mini bowyer get together: February 19, 2013 - February 21, 2013

Author Topic: A central KY mini bowyer get together  (Read 49389 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: A central KY mini bowyer get together
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »
I must have been doing something wrong.  Here is my stash of wood I brought home.  I got a little better mileage on the way home than I did on the way down  ;)     Hey Blackhawk, I didn't see any Vine Maple in your pile of bow wood  >:D

Here is another picture of what I was working on.  Its like that pretty girl in school, you know she's going to break your heart but you have to try anyway.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2013, 11:41:47 pm »
Man Chris, I believe DLH, loaded more wood inside his car than you did in your truck.  That "rooster revenge" really got you down.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2013, 01:21:32 am »
Yeah Clint, the Vibe was dragging tail back to IN! Thanks again for that trade! Hope you got to feeling better.

Are you sure you didn't practice that bedded buck shot all week Dave? :o

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:46 am »

Are you sure you didn't practice that bedded buck shot all week Dave? :o

Tracy

I promise I hadn't.  Even it I practiced it probably would not have help on multiple levels, one I wouldn't have had arrows to shoot with this week. Second I was shooting with my new bow, gift from Hawky. 

But I've been thinking about the luck and karma of that shot.  Here's what I've come up with.  I found that osage log in a ditch on my farm last year and brought to the Classic.  I gave it to the first person who looked crazy enough to try to make a bow from it.  That was Chris, who was working on some twisty, hole in the limb bow.  Well, he gave it back to me Thursday.  I'm thinking that piece of wood was so happy to be home, that it just wanted to show off.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:53 am »
Looks like yall had a great time,wished I could have been there.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline wapiti1997

• Joe Lacefield Wildlife and Nature Photography
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2013, 07:59:57 am »
Thanks everyone for posting pictures.  I seem to never pull out a camera.  Keep 'em coming.

For some reason that just doesn't make sense... wait  ::) you have had better subjects, I see....  :laugh:

Thanks again for hosting this Dave.  It's interesting to see and meet folks with such varied backgrounds, and a common interest. 

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2013, 09:12:29 am »
I posted the few pics I took over on the Around the Campfire section that Blackhawk started.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline chertle

« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2013, 09:23:23 am »
Dave, I love your logic on why you made that shot ;)
Leslie
Indiana

blackhawk

« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:35 am »
I think your right too Dave...as much as I'd like to think it was the guy who made it..I think your right ;)  :laugh:

So let's see this new happy to be home trick shot bow of yours  8). Post it on the bow forum

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2013, 10:10:46 am »
Blackhawk, I will post pics of "Bluegrass Hole" as soon as the snow stops flying.  She's got such beautiful curves, pointy tips and a great (love) handle; there will be no "snap shop" pictures of her.  She'll deserves a full glamour shoot with warm evening light, reflectors, the works.  ;)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline DLH

« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »
Man Chris, I believe DLH, loaded more wood inside his car than you did in your truck.  That "rooster revenge" really got you down.

Yeah needless to say I don't think the fiance will be letting me borrow her car for anymore of my adventures :laugh:

Offline TRACY

« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2013, 06:43:21 pm »
Are you still engaged Daniel? :o  If so, see if she will let you borrow the car and let's go on a rock run >:D

Tracy

Offline DLH

« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2013, 10:00:17 pm »
Are you still engaged Daniel? :o  If so, see if she will let you borrow the car and let's go on a rock run >:D

Tracy

Haha I'm still engaged just not on her good side. I'm game wood is off limits but she didn't mention anything about rocks!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »
Haha I'm still engaged just not on her good side. I'm game wood is off limits but she didn't mention anything about rocks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I like your attitude ;)

blackhawk

« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »
Tracy n Dan...if I remember right I'm thinking hornstone country is a good middle ground for you two to meet for a rock run ;)