Author Topic: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)  (Read 45906 times)

Offline JonW

Re: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)
« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:43 am »
Thanks to all who give their time to make this possible. And to all who put their name in the hat that makes this so much fun! Last year was my first trade and an awesome experience . This makes for a great time of year. Can't wait to get a name. Hope my receip, likes bios'd'arc !!!!. It's going to be snowing yellow in the bow shop soon :laugh:

Do you mean there  ARE people that don't like yella wood? I sure hope I don't get their name :o

Offline coaster500

« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2013, 11:35:54 am »
That's just Plumb Crazy...

::)

-gus

I think Gus is onto something and I think you're all half a bubble off plumb ;)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2013, 11:45:08 am »
The list has been converged and matched up, double checked and checked again by me. If ya' get a lefty and your a righty? You gave me bad info!

I will send it off to Marie shortly and we should start seeing some PM's in the coming week from her with our recip's info to build.

Thanks for all your efforts to keep this straight and organized guys and Ms. Sadie Jane. Its appreciated by the four of us managing it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2013, 12:12:07 pm »
Thanks to all who give their time to make this possible. And to all who put their name in the hat that makes this so much fun! Last year was my first trade and an awesome experience . This makes for a great time of year. Can't wait to get a name. Hope my receip, likes bios'd'arc !!!!. It's going to be snowing yellow in the bow shop soon :laugh:
I love Bois d'arc Knapper! ;)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2013, 02:04:05 pm »
i'd like to add my own personal thanks to the guys running this thing, it must be a huge effort. Having said that...it sure doesn't make the wait any easier, i'm so excited to get started!
45# at 27"

Offline Keenan

« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »
 I think we need a youtube video of Marie pulling names from the tumbler in a bunny suit with a drum roll and all. >:D  Just think of the headlines. "Primitive archer Magazine goes live with the lotto drawing!

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
I think we need a youtube video of Marie pulling names from the tumbler in a bunny suit with a drum roll and all. >:D  Just think of the headlines. "Primitive archer Magazine goes live with the lotto drawing!

Oh the visual.   :-[  I think I'll leave that one alone...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline okie64

« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2013, 02:43:21 pm »
The list has been converged and matched up, double checked and checked again by me. If ya' get a lefty and your a righty? You gave me bad info!

I will send it off to Marie shortly and we should start seeing some PM's in the coming week from her with our recip's info to build.

Thanks for all your efforts to keep this straight and organized guys and Ms. Sadie Jane. Its appreciated by the four of us managing it.
So what the heck am I supposed to do till then? Ive chased rings on four different yeller staves today anticipating a pm with some specs! Im just kiddin of course( not about the ring chasing ). A big thanks to everyone who is heading this swap up, I appreciate all the time and effort you guys are puttin into it. For now I'll just keep chasing rings till I get a pm.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2013, 02:43:58 pm »
Looking forward to this and Thanks to all the fine folks that have put this together.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39:59 pm »
Keenan, I love the way you think ;)

Offline k-hat

« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:46 pm »

So what the heck am I supposed to do till then? Ive chased rings on four different yeller staves today anticipating a pm with some specs! Im just kiddin of course( not about the ring chasing ). A big thanks to everyone who is heading this swap up, I appreciate all the time and effort you guys are puttin into it. For now I'll just keep chasing rings till I get a pm.

Send a couple to me, that's what your supposed to do, and thank you  >:D  I'm not that far, i could almost cast an arrow at the Red from where i am ;)

Offline darwin

« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »
I'm tempted to try something crazy but my rational side is saying maybe I should do something more conservative to make sure it shoots well. Either way this trade has already got me talking to myself

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:37 pm »
The Excitement is almost palpable...

Thank You PA, Trade Moderators and Calendargirl for making it all happen.

It's coming up on three years from the point at which my Uncle handed my a Fist Sized chunk of Bodark an said "See what you can do with this".
I still remember how Unremarkable I thought it looked...
Think I compared the color to "Baby Poo"' and thought what the heck is my uncle thinking...
He gave me a knowing smile and sent me on my way.

He was Right of course.
Once I had a finish on that small piece and saw it Glow and Shimmer in the light I was Hooked.
Another month's worth of research and I bought my First Stave of Yeller Wood.
It's been down hill from there.

Can one Man, or Woman for that matter, ever have too much Osage?
Me thinks Not!

Let The Games Begin... Y'all!   :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline k-hat

« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
I've got a beautiful and nearly perfect elm stave i've been reserving for my self.  But now i'm thinking someone may be getting a lovely elm recurve. ;)   Now i just need to know who ;D

Offline coaster500

« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »
Got some nice staves ready to work just need to know who and I'm off to the bench ....  One of them is a nice piece of Yew...  count the rings to kill the time while you wait for the info on your victim :)

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)