Author Topic: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)  (Read 46101 times)

Offline hunterbob

Re: 2013 PA Bow Trade...PLEASE READ ALL RULES FIRST(pg. 1)
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2013, 03:10:16 pm »
   I would never ask for anything like that.get your parents to help you out.
This site has alot to offer open your eyes and you will learn from all the people on this site . The wealth of knoledge on this site is not worth all the gold in the world.
   Well I ran a ring on the osage stave Blackhawk gave me over the summer from 08. Going to make it 60" has twenty knots in it all together and three of them are peep holes in one limb looking sweet on the longstring about ready for the brace . But I am at that point I need to know the stats of the person I get to send this one to if it holds up. . I know pearl drum I said I was going to slow down on this one.But the Blackhawk school of bow building dont know the word slow down.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2013, 04:02:13 pm »
Squirrel I dare say I have given away more of my own staves than I have used for myself, thats no lie. If giving a person a chunk of wood can make them that happy? Then why not do give it to them, thats my philosophy. Im not angry at you, just tired of hearing it. If you want some wood then sit down and think about something you can make or collect to trade. Fine a few bits of leather and stitch a pouch, maybe collect a few more skulls to add to your squirell skull. Lots of people like to have them bleached. Go to a butcher shop and collect tendons for sinew. Its all around you, go look for it. In the meanwhile keep reading here to find out how we go about collecting and finding our goods. And remember, shipping is INCREDIBLY expensive and a bit difficult. That doesnt help your USA cause much. I bet there are plenty of English bowyers all around you......I think I may even know a few.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:25 pm »
One more day guys to sign up  8)

Offline Squirrelslayer

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:40 pm »
hey PD i guess i could get some sinew and do some stuff like that. i do have a skull collection but is very small at the moment. but thanks for the suggestions. SS
WARNING: posts may contain nuts.

http://squirrelslayers.forumshome.com/ - check out my forum, and if you like what you see... Join!

also on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/cj822100?feature=mhee

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2013, 07:03:08 pm »
I’m in
Right handed
50-60 pounds
25-29"
USA Shipping only
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline tgtmatt

« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »
Well just so you guys know I had no part in Squirrelslayer asking for money for shipping and I do not want you all to think I am in any way trying to get anything for free.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
Like the Hawkman says .....  Only one more day !!!

Lets get back on track and get ready Rumble!!!!!   >:D

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
im in,
right handed
55-65lbs
26-30in
us shipping only
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:08 pm »
Ticketty Tock COME ON CLOCK!!!  :)

I spent a bit of time chasing rings over the past few months...
Have a number of staves that all look like they want to be a bow for someone who's name I'll know Tuesday morning...

Even been working on that UGLY piece of Yew that I rejected for last year's Trade Bow...
It was Too spooky for me at the time, but Danged if it hasn't shaped up to look promissing now...

Might just lay the staves out and Spin The Bottle...   8)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Weylin

« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2013, 11:59:26 pm »
I'd like to ask a question about the draw length range. I totally understand the necessity for having a weight range but I'm not quite seeing the benefit of everyone giving a 4" range for draw length. Most of us have one comfortable draw length that we shoot from and I would prefer to know what that length is for my recipient instead of having to guess.  If a bow comes in under weight then so be it but I think we're all capable of tillering a bow out to a certain, specific length. I don't mean to nitpick the rules you came up with because I think they are clear and fair. That was the only one that jumped out at me as potentially problematic. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks again for doing all this work to get the trade rolling.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2013, 12:23:45 am »
Am a bit daunted to be in company with some of the best bow builders on the planet!time to put on my big boy panties!no guts no golry!specical thanks to the organizing team and alll who share my passion
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bubby

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:37 am »
I'd like to ask a question about the draw length range. I totally understand the necessity for having a weight range but I'm not quite seeing the benefit of everyone giving a 4" range for draw length. Most of us have one comfortable draw length that we shoot from and I would prefer to know what that length is for my recipient instead of having to guess.  If a bow comes in under weight then so be it but I think we're all capable of tillering a bow out to a certain, specific length. I don't mean to nitpick the rules you came up with because I think they are clear and fair. That was the only one that jumped out at me as potentially problematic. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks again for doing all this work to get the trade rolling.

I don't see a problem, i'll probably use the longer draw listed and the high end weight, you can always check his posts and see what he uses most of the time, I always try and do enough research to figure out what I want to build a guy, now if he wants a 120# warbow your out of luck fishfinder >:D Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2013, 02:37:39 am »
Weylin, I'll be doing research on whoever I'm drawn to build a bow for.  If that doesn't give enough info, I'll be looking at who might be there close friends, those folks they seem to chat with all, then PM them to get info about that person.  Last case scenrio, I'll ask someone who's in this trade to PM them on my behalf after an oath of secracy of course.   Also, I noticed some folks put there actual draw length with their range.  So, I followed suit when I commented to the exchange.

Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Weylin

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:24 am »
Yeah, I put my actual draw length in there, and I intend to research my recipient too. But I guess I'm not sure why we can't just have our actual draw length be a part of the info and take some of the guesswork and digging out of the equation. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill and if so I'll shut up; it just seems like we're making that aspect unnecessarily confusing. I just want to make sure I make a bow that my recipient will be able to use and enjoy to the fullest.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2013, 03:09:43 am »

I don't see a problem, i'll probably use the longer draw listed and the high end weight, you can always check his posts and see what he uses most of the time, I always try and do enough research to figure out what I want to build a guy, now if he wants a 120# warbow your out of luck fishfinder >:D Bub
darn.... :'(
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what