Author Topic: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?  (Read 15528 times)

blackhawk

Re: 2013 Bow Trade???...we doing one this year?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:55 am »
I can't decide if I want to join in this year.  I love doing the trades, but I have some bows I want to build for people this year and I don't know if I'll have the time.  I need to think about it some more.  It does look like its going to be a good trade this year.

If your going to the classic you'll have allllll the time in the world ;) come on pal.

Offline danny f

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:47 am »
thats great i will enter then, i will try and get a proper stave if not i will use a board. :D

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 12:12:00 pm »
I have lurked over this for about two years, and am still going to sit this one out for one more year.  I have a lot more to learn just yet to make the "best bow I can" and make it for some one else.  But I sure do applaud all of you that can.  Best of luck to all, and look forward the  pictures and tales along the way.

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 12:27:06 pm »
 >:D Im in as always lol  >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline Keenan

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »
 More then anything this is all about being a blessing to others and more about the heart to build a bow for someone Else.As with the bow trades of past it never has been about the bow you get but the journey of the gift for another.  It is a great way to express your appreciation and share your talents as well.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 01:02:22 pm »
Danny, last year we had one bow that was going to England(I think) and the original bowyer didn't fulfill his obligation so another guy built the bow and lots of others said they would help with the shipping. It turned out one guy that wasn't in the trade sent the money to cover the shipping because he wanted to contribute. So we can work it out if no one else from across the pond signs up.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline danny f

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 01:08:33 pm »
Danny, last year we had one bow that was going to England(I think) and the original bowyer didn't fulfill his obligation so another guy built the bow and lots of others said they would help with the shipping. It turned out one guy that wasn't in the trade sent the money to cover the shipping because he wanted to contribute. So we can work it out if no one else from across the pond signs up.

thats great news then i will look forward to this bow trade, cant wait to get going. :)

Offline bushboy

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 03:47:21 pm »
Sounds like fun!I'd be willing to pay cod ,cuz I'm canadain and you southern boys have all the king wood!lol!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline nativenoobowyer86

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »
I would love to trade again this year :)  the trade last year was great!
"If it feels like ur life is about to fall apart, back it with some rawhide an hope it holds together"

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20:30 pm »
Thanks to the guys who stepped up and are running this thing! Did it last year and had a blast. Look forward to joining this year.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:00 pm »
Its gonna be easy to run the swap with Eddie "Strongarm" Parker as the Security Manager.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:16 pm »
I have lurked over this for about two years, and am still going to sit this one out for one more year.  I have a lot more to learn just yet to make the "best bow I can" and make it for some one else.  But I sure do applaud all of you that can.  Best of luck to all, and look forward the  pictures and tales along the way.

stringstretcher if you can build a bow that YOU would hunt with that otta work, it's the best bow you can build NOW, everyone gets better every bow they make, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Keenan

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »

stringstretcher if you can build a bow that YOU would hunt with that otta work, it's the best bow you can build NOW, everyone gets better every bow they make, Bub

I agree, Charlie I would be proud to carry a bow made by you

Offline seabass

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 10:57:09 pm »
i feel the same way Charlie.i just don't have the nack yet.i am tring to get good enough to build some bows for a few friends first.i have one done for a friend that is going to the classic with me this year.he gave me the stave,so it is the least i can do.once i get a little better all of my friends better watch out.i've got stave with all their names on them.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline coaster500

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:45 pm »

Streatcher this will be my second trade and I'm glad I took the plunge,. It pushed me to build a better bow than the first. I was very apprehensive but super glad I jumped :) We're gonna have a great time!!!!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)