Author Topic: well.....  (Read 4803 times)

Offline iowabow

well.....
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:52 am »
Deer season is closed..... :'(
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: well.....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:50 am »
Yep. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
Now is the time to plan for next year
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:36:16 pm »
  Beleive it or not after season, starting over is one of my favoret times. I not only cut lanes repair old sites put in new sites. Set back and realy studie my management plans at my farms and others I manage. Lots of things to get moveing in place. It's the only time I get to move around and see what happened.
  When season rolls around and the time, timeing and winds right for that site. It's the only time I walk in and walk out. I don't finish hunting go walking around scouting ,pull cards. I totally relei on scoutting from last winter. I never put any pressure on bucks I'm hunting.
   BELEIVE IN YOUR SCOUTING
   Winters also a time I do alot of other things from cutting shoots to makin knives, heads metal and stone. Work on bows build arrows. A time I just love hikeing outside.
   IT'S ONLY A FEW MONTHS TO GOBBLER SEASON
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline VicNova

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:33 pm »
Never fear, there are still plenty of squirrels and rabbits to hunt. Also, we have turkey hunting and bow fishing to look forward to.
Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:05:45 am »
sad, but we will never run out of hogs.... 

Crooketarrow just gave some great advice and I intend to hit the woods and really do some serious scouting after our deer season ends on the 31st.  That is a valuable time that I always seem to let slip away.  Thanks for that tip. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline trad bow

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:54 am »
Hunting season never ends just the species you can hunt changes. Can you say hogs! Great advise Crookedarrow

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »
  Our deer season ends on the first. No hogs here there are yotes,squirrels and rabbit hunting. But it's colddddd here snowly,windy for the last week. Below 0 at nights, snow tonight. I'm just kicking back for a couple days. Doing my inside hobbies. When it warms up a little next week I'm going to do a little scouting as I cut dog wood shoots. Ialso have 4 minteral sites to replenish.

I have a few months to gobbler season. I'm already driveing my family crazzy. YELPING I really never put my calls away. Just a lot more time when I'm traped inside. My youngest son hid my mouth calls but it really dos'nt matter. I use my voice mosty any how. I'll just yelp,cluck,cutt,purr a lot more to he gives them back. This has been tryed before.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Youngboyer2(billyf)

• Live by the man-née and the sa-wa.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 01:43:21 am »
It's only 9 whole months. I can't wait
"You speak Treason!" "Fluently"-Robin of Locksley
When people ask "why didn't you do that the first time" you can be sure that they  have never made a bow before.

Offline iowabow

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:56 am »
Lol

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 08:42:16 am »
Only 6 months and 3 weeks here till deer season, little over a month till Turkey and squirrels and assorted small game is open till the 28th of this months.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »
Can some one say gobble gobble cluck cluck.  I am gonna get me a longbeard this year for sure. I just feel it in my bones. I'm really looking forward to it. Shot one with the bow last year and missed his vitals by an inch. Did'nt recover him till hte next day and the yotes had already had dinner. I'm working on my calling too.

Bowfishing is adictive and I got my setup ready. Bring it on.

Still wanting to put some pork in the freezer but no hogs around here and don't wanna spend an arm and a leg heading south to a canned hunt, so if anyone has any on the property they want to get rid of let me know.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Patches

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 03:30:51 pm »
Sidewinder, I am with you in the bowfishing.  I started about 4 years ago and love it.  Allot of action and several days I have shot til my arm gives out.  Shooting and hitting are two different things though :D   
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
Aint that the truth.
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline iowabow

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 05:17:59 pm »
Well started making bows, getting forestry work done, and helping others get their bows built and now starting maple sugar operation ( Isaac is led on this project). Wife is reading about bees (as if I dint get stung enough when I put my nose where it dont belong) I think she is really going to do it.  I am seeing turkeys now more than before so it may be a good year this time around.  I have a couple more hides to do but I kinda have to be in the mood to start another.