Author Topic: Osage Character Bow  (Read 12953 times)

Offline Bowman

Re: Osage Character Bow
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:48 pm »
Very nice. :-)
"for veik var kongens bue......."

Offline Weylin

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01:25 am »
Thanks DVShunter, I can't take credit for the pics. Carson was my cameraman. I need to make friends with someone on my block that has a fancy camera so I can get pics like this of all my bows.

Thank you, Dwardo!

Thanks, Lesken. I really like working osage. I'm hoping to get my hands on some more soon.

Thank you for the kind words, Danny, Will, Muffin and Bowman. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 03:04:30 am »
Thanks DVShunter, I can't take credit for the pics. Carson was my cameraman. I need to make friends with someone on my block that has a fancy camera so I can get pics like this of all my bows.

Weylin, you know you are going to need more than just a fancy camera to take pics like that!   ;D Just kidding, your bows make any cameraman look good.  Sorry that braced photo is focused on the fence.. ::)
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline chamookman

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 05:36:47 am »
Nicely done ! That's a GREAT piece of Hedge - You did it justice. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:21 am »
Well done, very nice workmanship.
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
Very nice.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »
Carson, I have to hand it to you. You went above and beyond with your picture taking. You even laid down on a wet, dog poop-strewn yard to get the full draw shots.  ;D

Thank you, bob, knapper and Brad. I'm glad you like it.

Offline bow101

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 12:49:44 am »
Great character, finish and outstanding tiller...... When it gets to the end; don't ya just love sanding.? Not.. :'( :'( :'( :'(
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 01:05:12 am »
Hey Weylin, I'm Proud to have this be my first post on PA!  Gorgeous work and I can't wait to shoot it!  I asked for bow to use as a template to guide me in my newly found bow making interests and had no idea Idea I'd end up with a museum piece!  Best birthday present I've received in a long long time.

Thanks bro!
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!

Offline Weylin

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:52 am »
bow101, Thank you very much. Sanding is literally the worst part of making a bow, but it pays off. I just grit my teeth and get it done.

Dan, you're very welcome! I'm glad that you are so excited about it, that eases the pain of letting it go. As for being a template, I think it's a great design for a first bow just don't copy all the wiggles, dips and knots.  ;) That and make your white oak bow a bit wider. Happy Birthday, buddy. I'll see ya soon.  8)

Offline druid

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »
Beauty........ I would like to see some better angled pic of the tiller?

Offline DuBois

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 05:27:49 am »
Man, that is nice!!

Offline Gaur

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:14 am »
That's one sweet bow.  I can't imagine how much work you have into all those dips and bumps. 
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Weylin

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 11:41:51 am »
Druid, Thank you. We realized when we were done with our photoshoot that all the fulldraw pics were angled.  :-\ Unfortunately (or fortunately  ;) ) this bow is off to it's new owner. Maybe Dan will feel like posing for a full draw shot so we can see it in pure form. i'd like to see it too.

Thank you, DuBois!

Thanks, Gaur. It definitely made for slower going. I learned a lot doing it though.

Offline Dan K

• 58#@28"
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »
I'm meeting with Carson to size some arrows today so maybe he can shoot some pics!
Excellence is a state of mind.  Whether you think you can or can't...you're right!