Author Topic: Robin hood?  (Read 4459 times)

Offline tgtmatt

Robin hood?
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:41 pm »
So I made arrows, My only 3 arrows and I shot one into the other. I should be excited about this? Well this sucks. And I'm pretty sure it was all luck and not any skill.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Robin hood?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 05:35:53 pm »
LOL, I have NEVER had that problem.  I figure the whole target belongs to me and I intend to use all of it, not just the middle!!!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:44:59 pm »
LOL, I have NEVER had that problem.  I figure the whole target belongs to me and I intend to use all of it, not just the middle!!!

Hahaha

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:46 pm »
it is good and bad at the same time.sorry about your arrow.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »
Thats why I rarely shoot for groups. Those self nocked arrows are a lot of work.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline tgtmatt

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:59 pm »
I ended up being able to fix them because I had left enough room for both knock and a little more tip room. It's so frustrating shooting and not knowing if i'm doing it right or not.

Offline Scowler

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »
Thats why you got to make lots of arrows :)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 10:01:09 am »
I rarely Robin Hood one, but do hit other arrows, that's why I shoot at multiple targets.  I must have six or seven differnt targets I shoot @.  Glad you gottem fixed though, dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 11:10:18 am »
I never shoot more than four arrows at the same target consecutively. I have two to three targets set up at different ranges and switch off between them. I think I'd be mighty upset if I hit one like that, though I have knocked off some fletching before.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:22 am »
The first one or two are exciting, then after that not so much. Its gets old blowing up arrows that you spend so much time one!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline tgtmatt

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:13 am »
I wasn't too excited. haha. It sort of sucked because I just knew It was all luck.

Offline hedge

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 12:05:52 pm »
JW....I like your approach!!!!   LOL

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:24 pm »
I wasn't too excited. haha. It sort of sucked because I just knew It was all luck.

They are all luck no matter who dropped the string! Its not about just lining them up, but grain orientation and tip condition really play a part. They can make it explode into a million chunks, or slide right into the other shaft! All luck!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »
Hey, it's not easy shooting around everyone else's arras!  I'd hang that on the wall for all to see!

Offline Christian Soldier

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »
I've broken a few nocks before. That's actually a plus for self nocks for me.

I then just cut the shaft down a bit and re saw the nock, my arrows about an inch shorter but I'm not accurate enough to notice the differnence.  ;D

When I'm shooting aluminum arrows and I break the nocks, that whole arrow is pretty much trash unless I want to buy new nocks. Repairing a wood arrow is free though.  :)
2nd Timothy 2:3 "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus."