Author Topic: Lost a close friend today  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Keenan

Lost a close friend today
« on: January 11, 2013, 09:22:23 pm »
Julie, was a close friend and the longest I've ever known a horse.  We had allot of good times in the wilderness. She packed allot of elk for me over the years and even a bear. In her younger years she belong to a best friend named Mark. Mark had three daughters that could crawl from one end of Julie to the other, walk between her legs or what ever.  We did many wilderness trips together and Julie was always a part of that. Back when we were just 38 years old Mark got colon cancer.  Mark passed Christmas morning  two years later. That next spring His widow "Belinda" called and said that Mark would have wanted me to have Julie and she knew we would give her a good home.   I promised to care for her for the rest of her life.
  We had a good run and many great times together. She absolutely loved the wilderness and got excited whenever we would go up in the high country. We had decided to retire her several years ago as she was getting very old and it hurt for her to pack anymore. We would still take her up the the wilderness as she was great for teaching our two younger horses. This was the very last trip in the high country that she made. We knew time was getting close as she was losing weight even though we grained her twice daily and blanketed her at night. We woke this morning to find her down. We think she had a stroke somewhere in the night. We were blessed to be able to spend the last hour with her and brush and hold her head till she passed. We are thankfull that she seemed in no pain and was at peace.
  Though I knew this day was coming it certainly hits harder then I thought it would. RIP Julie   1975-2013

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:59:29 pm by Keenan »

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Lost a close friend today
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »
Looks like she was a gentle soul, sorry for your loss.

Some family walks on two legs, some on four.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:39:38 pm »
Sorry for your loss Bro....
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:44:13 pm »
nothing like losing a friend - my condolences.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:24 pm »
Real sorry to hear this Keenan.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »
i am so sorry to hear that Keenan.i am sure she knew she was loved.my heart goes out to you brother.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:25:35 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts.  Held things together fairly well dealing with things today but going threw her pictures tonight to find the right ones has tore me up. I have found myself imagining her meeting up with Mark for a rendezvous in the after life. Not sure what is there for our beloved animals but I know my heart would certainly hope so as they truly become family members that you share life with. She was one of the great ones, can't ever remember her ever giving me any problems, and her gentle winnie every morning will be surely missed.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:39:35 pm »
Sorry for the loss of her and I truly understand how you feel.  A person can not help but love and be attached to such an animal.  Looks like she live a long good life.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Lemos

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 10:41:15 pm »
It's hard when you loose an animal friend I believe the bond to be the purist form of friendship. I'm sorry for your loss.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 10:51:29 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss Keenan. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Roy

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:00:28 pm »
So sorry my friend. I'm sure she had a very good home with you, and she loved your family like your family loved her. RIP Julie.

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear this.  I'm glad you got to enjoy her company, even if it was for far too short a time.

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 11:31:53 pm »
Sorry for your loss. I know just how it feels. Shes in a better place now though, of that I'm certain

Jon

Offline johnston

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:26 pm »
Just ain't any words for this. Sorry, my friend, for your loss but happy for the time you spent together.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 03:16:00 am »
A lot of years of fond keeps your soles tethered... sorry to hear of your loss
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...