Author Topic: Minneapolis, Minnesota  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Minneapolis, Minnesota
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:36 am »
Is there anyone here that lives near there interested in making arrows for a group of Cub Scouts?  Send me a PM if you are
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Minneapolis, Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »
Isn't anyone able to do this?  There is a woman that has contacted me looking for 5 arrows to be made for cub scouts.  I just don't have the time to do it.  This is the message she sent me

I am searching for arrows to use on a Arrow of Light Award for a group of 5 Cub Scouts (I'd need one for each scout). They will be transitioning into Boy Scouts in Feb. and this is part of their award. I know nothing about arrows. I am looking for one with an Indian head-shaped arrow tip, 24 inches long total and preferably with blue or gold feathers, although the color should be authentic-looking...which may negate the blue and gold option. Thank you so much for any help or direction that you might give me!
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »
I can send the some obs points if somebody can make the arrows, i'm really slow making arrows, I can ship the points wherever, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ionicmuffin

~
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:28:40 pm »
i assume that the arrows are not likely to be shot, thats good, because i can makes some shafts if anybody wants to send me some real feathers that are precut i can use sinew to wrap them on and then i can send them out your way. Let me know what works! i can have them done fast btw.

I should say that the shafts i have are some nice ceder shafts that i am willing to part with, they were turned and are 3/8ths thick, even if they were to be shot they would be durable.
             ~Oh and if anybody can help with shipping that would be great, if not, im sure i can manage, but it would be highly appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:42:27 pm by ionicmuffin »
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline DuBois

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 05:00:15 am »
Hey folks,
I live just north of MSP but have not yet put together an arrow, although it is on my soon to do list.
I have been in contact with Soy who lives south of MSP about 45 minutes and that is the only other bowyer I have talked with around here. Not much help I know, but if there is anything I can do let me know. Now or in the future.

I found this post cause I was looking for some others near where I live so if you happen to find any on the north of MSP, let em know I' up here in Lindstrom Mn.

Thanks for all the free lessons ;)
Marco DuBois