Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848946 times)

Offline sadiejane

Re: What Did You Do Today?
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2013, 08:05:30 pm »
thanks pearly and bubby-
no cast-no doctor-no insurance......
have broken enuf bones over the yrs to know what it feels like.
this one aint bad and will heal quick.
thats why we got two hands right!  :)
wild women don't get the blues

Offline seabass

« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »
Leroy,you pay the airfair and i will finish the drywall in your bathroom.you also have to take me pike fishing lol.Sadie,i am sorry to hear that you got a busted arm.hope it heals fast.i got my drawknives back from the tool sharpener today.this guy did a great job.i could shave with them.he charged me 19 bucks and it was worth every penny.the oldtimer wouldn't even let me give him a tip.i hope you all are having a great day.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2013, 09:16:04 pm »
Went across the road to my buddies house and then back behind it to help him with his gear turn in.  He's turning in TA-50 (army gear) to the Central Issue Facility CIF before he retires from 25 years in the Army.  I met him when he moved in back in 98 and we was the only one's in the area.  He was a SSG/E6 at the time when I was a First Sergeant in the 502nd.  He was in an SF "A" Team.  I seen him make his way from that Staff Sergeant all the way to Sergeant Major.  I don't know how many time's he's called me from the sand box to talk and make sure I'd see his kids were taken care of if he did'nt make it back.  Scared hell outa me every time he called to be honest.He's been shot so many time's it had to understand how he can hold any beer now days.  When we finished, he gave me a brand new pair of GoreTex Desert boots.  Tried to say no, but he is not one to take no for an answer.  So, basically spent my morning checking off gear and NSN's (National Stock Number) and talking about the Army.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2013, 09:57:08 pm »
Hey Jon, tell your buddy thanks from us.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2013, 10:12:58 pm »
Make that a Big Thanks from us !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »
I'll be sure to do so guys!   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #651 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54:29 am »
Well yesterday I was hankering to dye the back of the little hackberry bow I recently finished shooting in for my step mom. Shes was a redhead before it turned grey so I dyed it with oxblood leather dye but I didn't like it plain jane. I was pondering all day while I worked in the city and decided to stop by the crafts store. Saw some leopard skin patterned cotton cloth and bought some of that for 61cents and when I got home went ahead and put it on the back. It looks great. Had a little dye bleed thru in the TBIII so it looks like a lightly hued pink leopard. I think she'll like it.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Stoker

« Reply #652 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:45 am »
Like to fly you out Steve. We got beautiful fishing weather right now. Fishing closes on the 15th of March. We'd be out at the lake most of the day, hack on a stave and maybe forge a knife. Maybe a adult beverage or two. But it only takes 20 minutes to tape a bathroom That leaves 23 hrs and 40 minutes for other things.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #653 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:47 pm »
Good math skills Leroy! I like it!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #654 on: March 05, 2013, 05:24:40 pm »
i wish i could make it up there Leroy.i am sure the fishing is awesome.i am taking a trip over to Keenans place in the summer.he is going to take me sturgeon fishing on the columbia river.i can't wait,sturgeon is on my bucket list.have a good one guys,i have arrows to fletch.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bigpapa

• all the senorita's call me bigpapa
« Reply #655 on: March 05, 2013, 08:03:21 pm »
Finally got a dowel cutter made after five attempts. It was a booger getting the holes just right, along with having crappy drill bits!
Our only limitations in life are the ones we put on ourselves!
Dream your dreams, and fly like the eagles!

Offline Roy

« Reply #656 on: March 05, 2013, 11:35:45 pm »
How does it work?

Offline bigpapa

• all the senorita's call me bigpapa
« Reply #657 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:57 pm »
Roy, what ya do is rough out a shaft a little bigger than you want, chuck the end in a hand drill and spin it in to the die. A little sanding and it comes out pretty nice. Of course that's what I've read. Lol!! Only tried it on that piece in the pic. Off a cedar shingle.
Our only limitations in life are the ones we put on ourselves!
Dream your dreams, and fly like the eagles!

Offline Stoker

« Reply #658 on: March 08, 2013, 12:26:26 pm »
Steve- Sturgeon fishing is a blast! Openings May 8th here. Keenan will probably let you shave some yew  O:) Awesome vacation time.
Had to work last night 14 hrs building a beer cooler. Hopefully get the bathroom boarded and taped this weekend. You never get busy till you want to do something for yourself. The price of fame.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #659 on: March 08, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »
Good thing that I have a few clamps!  A good pal has a Grumley-styled bow on his bucket list.  He's been having trouble making it over to the bowshop so, I thought I'd glue it up for him.  (Hoping Louis doesn't mind).  This is a glueup of the "Deerslayer" model that we are trying to replicate, with the longer statics.  Hickory backed Osage.

Hoping it turns out...
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI