Author Topic: What Did You Do Today?  (Read 848692 times)

Offline seabass

Re: What did you do Today?
« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:32 pm »
thanks guys for all the kind words.i am pretty sad.Carie was a sweet dog.her brother Cash is allready missing her.they were like peas and carrots together.he has been walking around looking for her.he was standing by her side when i found her last night.she was 11 years old.she will be missed.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline darwin

« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:22 pm »
Went trout fishing yesterday at a stocked pond and watched the Damn bird catch about 30 fish while I didn't catch anything

Offline RyanY

« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2013, 01:35:54 pm »
Had an amazing time at Marty's with the guys this weekend! Got lots of bows to finish up and do some more work on. Pics soon.

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2013, 04:58:27 pm »
Had a great time friday and saturday rabbit hunting with my father. We were tracking them in reclaimed strip mine ground without any dogs. Our two day total was 15. I just love fresh snow for tracking rabbits. ;D
Steve Bennett

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
Yep good times for sure at Marty's !!
Thanks for having us brother !
It was good to see ya all !!
Hope to see ya again real soon !

Seabass , bummer about your dog !

Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bubby

« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »
just workin' on some bows and waiting for my NINERS to take it to the ravens >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Old timber bows

• I live to build bows
« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »
The Marty Jam 2nd annal was great we built a lot of great bows and ate some great food and had fun by all I want to say thanks to every one that come cant wait until next year you all are great bow makers and was a fun weekend learning new ideas agin to many to right names we had 13 bow guys in my grage on sat it was sweet as black hack would say we had some sexey bows going on I think we had 15 bows built this weekend thanks all for a good time it was great untill the next time we cross paths and meet take care bros . Marty T. Old Timber Bows.
Old timber bows

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »
Oh yes good food !
And good times for sure !
I gotta quit begging , you folks are goona fill my garage back up !
Arrows are sweeeet thanks Pearly !
Glad to see that pink stain matched your purse OK !! >:D
Pennsylvania Black Locust to try out !!! Thanks Blackhawk !
And while you all where worrying about trying to prove your king Misslemaster was blowing right on by you with find another king !! thanks for the Buckthorn I hope I can do it justice my friend !! Ryoons new war bow in a 1/2 a day helps proves the value of this resource !
And most of all thanks to all that were there for being a friend to this worthless old nut !!
Guy

Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

blackhawk

« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2013, 07:42:40 pm »
I'm whooped guys....40 countable hours of bowmaking madness over a weekend all on pure god given bowmaking adrenaline....another great bowananza marathon with a bunch of my good bros.  ;D.....now I got three more bows to finish shooting in and seal n post.... :)

Offline DQ

« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:48 pm »
Wow!  All those guys in Marty's shop sure can whittle some wood!  I took a newbee friend along and PEARLY (mostly) got him rasping in the right direction to make a bow.  He was shooting it by Saturday afternoon.  I got to put a few faces to names, real names not alias, secret society, internet type names.  LOL  I had a great day.  Thanks, Marty and all of the rest, for an interesting, enjoyable day.  DQ

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2013, 09:09:56 pm »
I custom painted my cover plates today kn my 5 string bass

"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #416 on: February 03, 2013, 11:15:08 pm »
Marty Jam sounds like it would have been a blast, and maybe even educational! :)  Nice paint job Sterling.

I've been on a leather kick lately.  Made a new dog collar and a bracelet this weekend.

Offline Poggins

« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
Lastnight I went to the OSS (Oklahoma Selfbow Society) banquet . Members brought items for a rafle and an aucion  , T.J. Conrads was our guest speaker this year . We made plans for a workday before OJAM coming up in March . I'm on the local volinter fire department and today we cleaned our fire station for our annual fund raiser next weekend .

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:43 pm »
Cam your leather work has gone through the roof man.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2013, 11:32:56 pm »
Thanks Pearlie.  Only downfall is that my bowyering skills are going down the crapper!  I gotta remedy that soon!