Author Topic: 1st Osage  (Read 3576 times)

Offline spyder1958

• Retire Air Force, love all outdoors, 7 grandkids
Re: 1st Osage
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »
Thanks everyone
Dave about time I seen you around, you've been quite. LOL, well your welcome to come on down and have at it  ;)

Muffen, yea we don't have any here in Fl, thats why I drove to Ky and got this from Dave (hedgeapple), but I found some in Tenn and have a lot curing in the barn there with some locust.

Thanks ffor the info Danny. Yea I need a bigger draw knife, I found a old small one at the flee market, its good for lite and close work but for bucking bark and sapwood on osage, not good. its only 6" blade i think.
I'm looking forward to making a bow from it. I shot Eddies and love the feel of it. It will be awhile before I finish it, I had some time and wanted to get most of the sap wood off and let it dry some more. It was cut last Feb.
Thanks again everyone.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 1st Osage
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 09:19:09 pm »
It's about time you started working on that osage.  I was beginning to think I'd have to come down there and make it into a bow for you.  haha

Dave, I was hoping he'd get scared of it and say,"here" ;D

Graylan, I'll be home tomorrow if you need the Drawknife but I've still got more hog meat to grind and bag. Oh, yea, there are two Osage trees growing in my front yard next to the Ipe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?