Author Topic: Maple Board  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Ozzy

Maple Board
« on: December 29, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »
I have a nice 1/4 sawn board it's 1X2X72 any good ideas for a good hunting bow lay out to pull 50 to 55 #
thanks Ozzy
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Maple Board
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:30:03 pm »
I never tried a maple board bow, but bubby posted a maple board bow build along sometime back, around the first week in December, I think.  It was an excellent build along using maple and should be a big help to you.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline NTProf

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:10:24 am »
I have made several. In my opinion, Maple shines in wide, flatbow design. I made mine 1 3/4" from fades to midlimb or just past, then taper to 1/2" nocks. Made them 66 in long. I was always very happy with how they turned out and performed.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:30 am »
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:02:12 am »
 ;D Just be carefull Ozzy Tillering... I was in the process of finishing off A White Oak bord bow. Was looking really, really nice. Had it in the house an I exercised it a bit, had my foot on the riser and pulling back to 22" suddenly she let go. Ker-Freakin-KerplowEEeeeeee..........The top limb snapped and slapped my right forearm and went flying behind me down the hallway about 10 feet, a nasty jagged piece could of done serious damage to my face. And funny thing because I did have it pulling around 26" in the cold garage.
At any rate Bub will help ya out. He's very helpfull and knowledgeable about all kinds of bows.
And I thought I new something about woodworking...... ;) untill I started bow building.. :-[ :-[
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:51:54 am »
Thanks for all the help guys
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.