Author Topic: My Crossbow  (Read 5739 times)

Bikewer

My Crossbow
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:48:13 pm »
I've just gotten my crossbow project into shooting condition, and fired a couple of shots out in the yard:

Mostly a test-bed, but it works; shot quite accurately if not very powerfully.   The silk-backed red oak prod only pulls about 50 pounds, so it's rather light.    The roller nut is hand-hogged out of aluminum bar stock, and the axle is actually from an inline skate wheel... (not too traditional...)

Those sideplates are from some stainless stock I found at work, amazingly tough.  I had to buy the super-heavy-duty-tungsten drills to get through the stuff!

The bolt has a .40 S&W shell case for a blunt point, and two turkey-feather fletches.  Seemed to fly quite nicely.

What a pain it is to brace this thing!  I'm dreading trying to brace a "real" prod.

Offline DanaM

Re: My Crossbow
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:58:36 pm »
Pretty neat project, definitely will make people look twice.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

acjorge

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:11:11 pm »
Good evening friend ..... I'm from Brazil and I found it on google apologize for the invasion ..... but I'm making a beast and would be able to learn to make my arrows for a 150 pound crossbow to know the project with the reference. . Tamano weight, and how to balance
arc design has a lot of nothing but how to make an arrow................my e-mail   actis.jorge@gmail.com

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 11:06:58 pm »
pretty sweet. been thinking of making a crossbow myself
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 02:03:45 am »
NICE!!!!!!!
Jesus Saves!