Author Topic: St Judes bow  (Read 6793 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
St Judes bow
« on: December 20, 2012, 05:08:56 pm »
Here are some CRAP pictures of one of the nicest bows I have made... >:(...hate electronics....

I was asked to build a bow for a St Judes fund raiser. It was preferred to fit youths under 12'ish that cant quite handle an adult bow. This is what I came up with. Its osage, 7/8" wide, 58" ntn, 25# @ 23". I had a scant piece of Canebrake laying around, so I split it and covered as much as I could. I finished the ends with black silk thread. The overlays are water buffalo. It has some nice snake to it that doesnt show up well in the pics. I was 99% satisfied I did my best......but I still had to sign it and that part evades me. I told my wife last night after I signed it that I just ruined my best bow with a quill pen! Oh well.....hope it makes tons of cash for the kids, that's all we are after anywho...right?!?!?!?!?!?!?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:50:32 am by PEARL DRUMS »
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

Re: St Judes bow
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:15:53 pm »
cool bow for a good cause, made ya sign it huh, it's a b!$#%h when they make you take credit for doing something nice heh, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline k-hat

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »
Ya, the writing thing eludes me too, never satisfied.  I'm with ya on the electronics!! The more tech i use the more primitive i become >:( ;)

Now for the bow, that is a real beauty!  Well done in all aspects, and i really like the handle work.  I've contoured mine but not as much as you have.  It's gonna make somebody a happy camper, and it's sure to make lots of little happy campers with the fundraising!

Good on ya bro.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:04:07 pm by k-hat »

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:07 pm »
nice work Chris.that sould bring the kids some money.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:04:48 pm »
That's a sweet bow Pearly, and a really nice gesture.  I'm sure some kid is going to love it.  My handwriting stinks to, as you already know.  I've been trying to think of a better way to mark my bows.  Didn't you get a new camera?  We need to teach you how to post some clear pictures.  Your bows are works of art and need to be shown off properly.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »
Real nice bow PD, that should shoot very well for the kid who gets it regardless of whether or not he (or) she has ever shot a bow before.
Good style of bow for a kid, or an adult for that matter. Whoever bids on that should pay a premium because it's a quality bow and for a good cause also.  Good of you to volunteer your time and expertise for a worthy cause, my hats off to you. :)
Greg
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:13 pm »
That turned out awesome Chris!!! Some kid is gonna have the best Christmas ever.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »
That's a sweet kiddy toy right there!!!  ;)  n looks like ya got some good karma coming your way

Offline bobbykelley

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:09 pm »
That is a very nice bow. And I'm sure the kid that gets it is going to be very happy.
I make mistakes but I learn.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »
Nice one Pearlie. Way to go all around.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:03:00 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments. Some day I may hire a photographer to snap me some pics, but until then.........

That turned out awesome Chris!!! Some kid is gonna have the best Christmas ever.

Tattoo Dave

Thanks Dave. Hard to believe some wild rose shoots could raise St Judes cash ey'? I love how this primitve skill's swapping stuff pan's out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Will H

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »
VERY nice there pearly :) them canebreaks almost look like copperheads. Good on you fella!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 09:04:51 pm »
Sweet lookin' bow and a great gesture.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Roy

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 09:05:36 pm »
Very nice, Pearly Boy. Your a good Man.

Offline Adam

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
That's a beauty! What a nice gesture.