Author Topic: gift exchange shipped and received  (Read 54457 times)

Offline coaster500

Re: gift exchange shipped and received
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2013, 11:07:18 am »
Nice work fishfinder!!!

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet sadiejane???

Got to go out to the range and put some distance shots with my gift from Bryce.....  man the little bow shoots better than me ....  25 yards here

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:11:44 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2013, 11:14:28 am »

[/quote]
thanks, and sorry for not responding to your email, im not sure where my time has gone these last few days
[/quote]

alls well, shoot me a pm if you like. would like to know what you were gonna write on the note that didnt find its way here.
THANKS for the bow
wild women don't get the blues

Offline TRACY

« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2013, 04:27:37 pm »
Shipped! Recipient has been notified.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2013, 05:53:50 pm »
mark me down as received Bub, I got a nice hip quiver from RBlusthaus today. Thanks Russ!

Jon

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »
You are very welcome.  I hope you are able to put it to good use.

Ya gotta do me a favor though -  please - - I forgot to snap a pic or two of the quiver.  Could you send me one when you get a chance.  I like to keep a scrap book.

Russ

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2013, 09:45:38 pm »
Got my gift from Hickory Bill today knife & sheath sweet looking I'll try to get some pics. up soon thanks Hickory Bill you do nice work.
Rob

Offline chertle

« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »
Mine shipped today. I got my gift from Darwin last Thursday. I will post pics soon and tell ya'll more about it. I will be honest.....this is my first time doing this and I was so moved by my gifts that I want to make sure I give them the time and attention that they deserve!
Leslie
Indiana

Offline darwin

« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2013, 10:43:11 pm »
Glad you like them it was kind of a hodge podge of stuff

Offline TRACY

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2013, 11:13:20 pm »
Darwin, you're not giving yourself enough credit. The calls are awesome and sound very good. I won't say anymore until Leslie posts pics.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »
I'm glad your enjoying that bow kip, makes me feel good, knowing its getting plenty of use.
Is the weight too much? If so you can send it back and I'll make you a different one ;)
Keep me updated on its kill quota

-Pinecone
Clatskanie, Oregon

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »
Here are a couple pics of the goodies sent to me by adg68.  An archers bag which will come in handy when I get around to making a warbow, and a deer call that he made from a stick and a rubber band :)  Thanks again for the great gifts Tony!

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »
Hey, thats cool! does it sound like a deer?
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2013, 01:18:58 pm »
I haven't perfected my technique yet, but when used correctly it makes a soft buzz like a fawn or doe bleat.  Tony tells me they've been making and using calls like this in his area forever, so they must work ok  ;)

Offline Stoker

« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »
That's nice Cam. I have a commercial call like that works good. Takes a little time to learn it.
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline chertle

« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:01 pm »
Here is a picture of the great gifts that I received from Darwin!  He outdid himself for sure!!!  The boomerang is way cool.  He says it will fly 50 yards and return to my hand!!  Way excited to try it out but waiting for better weather so the landing doesn't damage anything!  He said he is just starting on knives and that the one he sent isn't very good but I must not know what a good knife is because I think mine is beautiful!!!  Wait we are only half way done.....next was a set of calls.  One is a goose call and the other is a duck call.  They are not only gorgeous they also sound amazing!!!  I am sure that next season that duck call will bring in some birds!!  Looking forward to it.  He also sent me a painting that his girlfriend did.  It is very pretty and I am currently looking for a frame for it.  I told him this was the first time that I had ever done this exchange and was amazed at what he sent to me and looking at all of the posts what other people were sent as well.  I do not have nearly the talent that ya'll have on here but I gave it my all and look forward to learning more so that some day the recepient of my gifts will be as estatic as I was.  This site is full of wonderful people and I am glad that you are letting me become a part of your family.  I wish all of you the best for the new year!!!  Thanks!
Leslie
Indiana