Author Topic: home made sleeves-any one  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
Re: home made sleeves-any one
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:35 pm »
Just I would trow this out there. I have looked at various take down systems. I came up with this idea today. I think it will work using 2 screws instead of one with a metal dowel like they use on the 3 piece take down bows. Tell me what you think..?
Well, I think one of the most important  things  about a take-down should be that it can be taken down quickly or set up quickly, without tools.

I do realize that it can also be important to be able to make a take-down with the means at one's disposal.

Jim Davis
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline VicNova

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 10:05:43 pm »
Make a sleeve out of fiberglass cloth and epoxy. It's super easy, cheap and works great. The link is to a build along.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,8511.0.html

Ypsilanti,  Michigan

Offline bow101

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:14 pm »
Just I would trow this out there. I have looked at various take down systems. I came up with this idea today. I think it will work using 2 screws instead of one with a metal dowel like they use on the 3 piece take down bows. Tell me what you think..?
Well, I think one of the most important  things  about a take-down should be that it can be taken down quickly or set up quickly, without tools.

I do realize that it can also be important to be able to make a take-down with the means at one's disposal.

Jim Davis

Yes the speed factor is something, but then again 2 screws to remove is the same as a 3 piece take down. And those are generally using Hex bolts. On the other hand we are talking about 2 piece designs. If ya'll have a better idea than that and hold up to the punishment of shooting arrows all day let me know..... ;)
I will try my Idea as shown in the photo soon,hopefully very soon...
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 06:37:44 am »
bow101 you dont need the bolts to hold the bow together like you do on a 3 pc bow, once you string it it stays together, but go ahead and try it and see how she works, might work out great, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bow101

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 03:12:54 pm »
bubby,
I realize on the sleeve system it fits just so, snug I hope. Just heard stuff about hard to pull apart and some play in this system. My idea would hopefully eliminate the sloppiness, other note I may try 1 bolt with 2 alignment pins instead.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell